Believe In Yourself And Tweet The Change

Posting your opinions on social media could change the world.

33
Freely Photos

I always hear things like "I don't post about politics" or "I avoid political debates" or "I don't keep up with politics."

So many people think that not posting about politics is the polite thing to do because they don't want to offend anyone or share their opinions. While this really might be the polite thing to do, it promotes ignorance. There are political debates everywhere and politics is the cause of almost every war in history. It is real and it is out there.

Posting your political opinions is OKAY!

Many people choose not to share their political opinions online because sharing their opinion "won't do anything" but this cannot be further from the truth.

For example, take the kids at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the school in Parkland, Florida that was just victim of a mass shooting.

So many of those students have become major activists and one of them even has more twitter followers than Donald Trump. These kids could have reacted to this tragedy by sitting around and grieving (which is okay, too) but instead, they have spoken to major news outlets and even created a nation-wide march for gun control. This all started because they posted on social media. They started a nation-wide march by promoting it on social media. They are making a huge difference in gun control by tweeting and posting.

All anyone has to do to be this influential is believe in themselves. We grow up hearing teachers and parents saying "believe in yourself" but we don't give it too much thought.

Now that I am in college and trying to choose my career path and it feels like the whole world is tearing me down, I truly understand the weight that this little phrase carries.

I find myself looking at people who are making huge progressive changes in the world, like the MSD students, and thinking, "Wow, I wish I could do that" and I CAN. Chances are, that if you have a cause, people probably support it. All you need is faith in yourself and a platform to promote your ideas on.

So get to tweeting and get to posting, because your posts could educate millions and change lives.