How to use a pole saw

How to use a pole saw

A Valuable guide how to use a pole saw

26
How to use a pole saw

What is a pole saw? To answer that even a toddler can understand, simply put a pole saw is a saw on the end of a pole.

Why do we use pole saw? To cut down branches high that you can't normally reach from the ground.

You need to be cautious about some things before you plan on using the saw. That's where we come in.

When professional cuts down tree or branches they use ropes in a pulley system to safely drop the wood on the ground. With pole saw you can't do that. You are trying to cut down a branch of a tree from the ground unsupervised.

You need to remember:

Pole saw's were intended to use only a couple of inches thick wood log. Don't use the saw in a thick wood you might drop the wood on yourself and seriously harm yourself.

Never stand under the branch you are cutting. Trust me you don't want to drop it in your head.

Please don't work near a powered line. Please don't target any branches that are above the power line. Call in professionals for that matter.

Using a pole saw can be tiresome especially the ones that are over 8 feet long.

Now that we are done with the cautions let's teach you how to use it.

Clear the working area: Make sure no one is underneath or around the tree while you are cutting the branch.

Try to cut it horizontally if you can: We understand it might be difficult for higher trees but try to cut it horizontally using the jump cut method.

Position the saw: With both hands, hold your pole saw in a vertical position. Pause there and control the weight. Now position the saw in your cutting position (horizontally cut if possible). Rest the weight on the branch that you are cutting unless you are using the jump cut method.

Position yourself: While holding the tool try to position yourself as the end of the handle is at your chest level while standing at the side of the limb. We understand if it's a little hard to dig in, to simply put you are not directly underneath the saw, you are at one side of the saw if that makes sense. You are on the left side of the saw while maintaining the end of the saw at chest height. You begin to cut the branch.

Cut slowly then pick up the pace: Don't rush. Be patient while doing it. Slowly in control move up and down to cut the branch. Try to make some fast cut to groove the branch which will guide you to cut it deeper. after you get your direction slowly push and pull and keep cutting.

Be ready for the branch to drop: If you positioned yourself correctly and held the saw in the right angle then you don't need to worry just anticipate that the branch will fall and you will be fine. Keep cutting till the branch falls and make sure your saw doesn't fall alongside. While it might not break but the end of the handle might you in the face.

Don't forget to clean up: Don't leave a mess behind, please. Clean up your working area and dispose of the garbage accordingly.

We hope our guide on how to use pole saw was helpful to you. If you think the work is too hard don't try to hurt yourself leave the work to professionals. Learn More Tips and Guideline from the Blogs iwoodcutters.com.