Poker Player Makes $100,000 by Shredding 70 Pounds in 6-Months

10% body fat in just six month time
16

There are many stories of dudes getting into top shape for whatever reason, but this one is special. For poker player Walter Fisher, going to the gym meant the difference between humongous financial struggles and a new start, thanks to a $1,000,000 bet. As you can imagine that was enough motivation for Walter to go to the gym.

Up until 2016 Walter Fisher, a professional poker player, had a great career with many lucrative tournament and cash-game profits. Unfortunately, the then 36-year old seemed to had lost his luck, all of a sudden he was only losing month after a month up until the point that he had a $100,000 debt. Furthermore, not only his bank account was taking hits, his health was too. Fisher explains:

“I’d lose a game and eat three or four super-rich single-serving chocolate cakes. They had more than 1,000 calories each. It was disastrous.”

At that point, a colleague poker player offered Walter a chance to change his life for the better. He offered him a bet that could pay off his entire debt at once. This poker player would pay $100,000 if Walter could drop to under 10% body fat in just six month time. Fisher who had become quite obese at the time accepted the bet instantly. This was an opportunity he couldn’t refuse!

Word of the bet spread fast in the poker world and people started betting whether Fisher was going to make it or not. Eventually, the wagers grew up to $1,000,000.

Fisher, who was determined to make the bet and get fit again, decided to hire celebrity personal Trainer Chris Divecchio. Divecchio immediately put Fisher to work starting with daily 5 hour high-intensity cardio sessions and a very lean diet of just over a thousand calories a day. For example, Fisher his breakfast existed out of a cup of oatmeal and a few egg whites.

A few months into the bet Fisher and his personal trainer Chris enlisted the help of a popular sports medicine and nutrition expert, Phil Goglia, for additional help. Goglia noticed that Fisher was burning too much muscle mass rather than fat. Unfortunately, this could’ve been prevented with a muscle preserving supplement. To minimalize the damage done, Goglia increased Fisher his average daily caloric intake to about 3 thousand calories a day with a max of 6 thousand calories.

After 6 months it was the moment of truth, Fisher had to be weighed to determine whether or not he had made it under 10 percent body fat. Fisher and his coaches were incredibly happy when he weighed in at only 8.8 percent body fat, which translates to over 70 pounds of burned fat. A quick calculation shows us that Fisher earned himself $7,000 for each lost pound!

Goglia has one tip for everybody trying to lose 70 pounds in 6 months just like Chris. She says it’s essential that you must keep in mind that you’re likely not an Olympic athlete and can achieve the same results with less risk. Start with high-intensity interval training and keep developing your workout program over time, so you can get in shape at your own pace. In other words, you don't have to work out for 5 hours straight on a daily basis for results. Pro Tip: Here's the best HIIT training supplement.