'Pokémon GO' Hype Is Over 9,000!

'Pokémon GO' Hype Is Over 9,000!

The latest mobile game app is taking the world by storm.

6
'Pokémon GO' Hype Is Over 9,000!
idigitaltimes

I am sure all of you have heard about a certain mobile game that is sweeping the world right now and unleashing the inner child in all of us. This game would be "Pokémon GO," and it is allowing us who grew up watching the show and playing the games a chance to go out into the real world and catch Pokémon! I mean how awesome is that. You can not scroll through any social media without seeing a reference to "Pokémon GO" or anything Pokémon related, and I am absolutely loving it.

It makes me so happy to see people going out and living out something that they have wanted to do since they were wee little lads and gals. But some of you might be wondering why "Pokémon GO" has already become so popular in such a short amount of time. Well, I believe that I have the answers for you in regards to that question. The "Pokémon GO" hype shall be dissected by yours truly!

Nostalgia

Now if you don't know much about "Pokémon GO" then you might be thinking that the majority of people playing it are young kids, but in reality the majority of people partaking in the "Pokémon GO" adventure are mostly in their late teens or twenties. You might be shocked at this but when you look closely it makes perfect sense that this age group are the main players of this game. Pokémon was the most popular thing for kids in the 1990s and we loved anything that had to do with Pokémon.

Then there is the notion that 90s kids are one of the most nostalgic generations out there. We love remembering and reliving things we did as kids and when "Pokémon GO" was released then it was like putting fuel to the fire. We got the opportunity to play a mobile phone game where we can walk around anywhere we want and catch Pokémon — of course we are going to play it like our lives depended on it!

Fun

Now this reason might be obvious, but it might be lost to those who are posting on social media about how people who are playing "Pokémon GO" are lame or childish. "Pokémon GO" is honestly just a very fun game to go out and play. It is actually exciting to go outside and walk around your neighborhood and anxiously await what kinds of Pokémon might appear on the sidewalk or behind the giant tree on the corner of the street.

The fun is also in the social aspect of it. You see that there are literally millions of other people playing the game and you feel like you are a part of a large community and that is always an enjoyable experience. I know I cannot wait to get with friends of mine and go exploring to see who can catch the most Pokémon out of all of us. I mean to be honest a five mile hike sounds way more fun to me now with "Pokémon GO" that it ever did before.

Final Thoughts

So all in all Pokémon is enjoying some crazy success right now because of the awesome nostalgia it is giving all of us who grew up with the franchise in a fun and easy manner to play with.

Finally to those who are bashing those who play "Pokémon GO" on social media saying that we are all childish or that you have more important stuff to do than play a Pokémon game, I just want you to know that it is perfectly fine for people to enjoy things that bring back happy memories from their past while at the same time helping them create new memories. So maybe stop taking yourselves so seriously and get on your feet, go out to your local park, and just have some have some fun catching some Pokemon. If you don't want to that is perfectly fine, just don't talk bad about the people who are.