Poetry On Odyssey: Look Forward

Poetry On Odyssey: Look Forward

You can’t know what will happen tomorrow or even ten minutes from now.
222

I am a control freak. It is difficult for me to not be in charge of a situation just because I don’t know what is going to happen. But, really, that’s what makes life, well, life. You don’t know what is going to happen. Even if you have control of every possible variable, there are still things you can’t stop, like whether it’s going to rain or human behavior in a situation.

Life can be cruel sometimes.

It plays dirty tricks on us.

Like an invisible poltergeist hovering around every corner.

Your crush isn’t available, after all.

In result, you are crushed by the crush.

Everyone forgets your birthday.

Everyone except Portillo’s Birthday Club.

Your joys are built slowly and shakily, like a toddler building a tower from blocks.

And then, by many hits from two tiny fists, they all come tumbling down.

In the end, all that is left is the remnants of what used to be.

It’s hard to see what was there, but with a bit of imagination and chocolate, life can be rebuilt.

Don’t give up all at once.

You never know what could happen around the corner.

Your friends may plan a surprise party the day after your birthday to make it extra surprising.

You crush may go through a tragic breakup and need your shoulder to cry on.

Life can gift you as much as it can trick you.

Look forward, not back, because you can’t change the past, but you can control the future.

My point here is that you shouldn’t stop doing things because you fear the possibilities or because you have no control whatsoever over a situation. You must keep moving forward. You can’t dread the entire future. Life needs to be enjoyed while it can be. You can’t know what will happen tomorrow or even ten minutes from now so make the most of every minute you have been given.