Poetry Club Is the Club Where I Embraced Poetry and Creativity

As a result, my passion for writing poetry became stronger and became one of the important elements of who I am.

39
Amber Chai
Amber Chai

When I was in high school, I was part of the poetry club. It was the club where you write and share poems. At the beginning of freshman year, I did not like one of the clubs that I tried. I wished that there was something for me like a poetry club. It turned out that my wish came true. Later that year, there was a poetry club. It was held by upperclassmen and one of my English teachers. My first day went well because I shared a poem that I wrote and everyone liked it. I attended the meetings and I enjoyed being with the upperclassmen that were there.

After they graduated, the poetry club was not the same as it was with them. I stopped going to the meetings. However, I enjoyed the poetry that the new students wrote and I remained as the club's treasurer. My role was to count money for the club whenever it had fundraisers. Despite how I felt about the club after the upperclassmen left, the poetry club still had an impact on who I was and what I could do. This is where the poetry slams come in.

The poetry slams were where the members and I get to share poems with an audience. The audience had people inside and outside of high school. Sharing poems means sharing your creativity and thoughts with other people. You show the audience why poetry is important, how it should view poetry, and what it could do with poetry. The audience enjoyed the poetry slams and the participants enjoyed sharing their poems with the audience. As a result, my passion for writing poetry became stronger and became one of the important elements of who I am. After looking back at those days when I was in the club, I would like to thank those who made poetry club and contributed to it. What you have made and contributed are unforgettable masterpieces!