Please and Thank You Go A Long Way

It sounds so incredibly simple and even a little silly when you get older and someone reminds you to say please and thank you. It's something that you learn to do at such a young age, and yet as people get older, it seems to be one of the first things they forget once they enter adult life and the real world. Even though it's incredibly easy to get caught up in day to day life, it's so important to remember such a little thing and to not always make sure you say please and thank you, but you remind others to do so as well.

You can enter into adulthood and start working your way up in your career. It's so easy to push to get to that next level and forget who is around you and how to treat others when you're so focused on what's next for you. That being said, however, doesn't mean that you should treat others poorly just because you're working your way up or are progressing in your career. When all is said and done, someone who is a janitor has just as important of a job to do as someone who might be the president of a company. Yes, it sounds silly and like those two jobs are polar opposite, but they're equally important. And no matter what level you're at wherever you are, it's important to remember that everyone is working towards a goal and that simple manners, like adding in a please or thank you, can go such a long way in helping in your career.

Some people think they're so high up or they're so important that they shouldn't have to thank the "little people" or say please when asking them to help with something. Even though someone might be at the top of a company, you are still asking for someone's help and inserting the word please helps others know that you still respect them while asking. On the flip side, a simple thank you to someone helping you might not seem like it's a high praise, but it acknowledges what that person helped with and shows a small ounce of appreciation.

Outside of the working world, we all dead with other people. Whether it's going to a restaurant to eat dinner or having someone check out your items at Target or a department store, people are still helping you and deserve a please and a thank you. You might only catch five to sixty minutes of someone's day depending on what you're doing and how they're servicing you, but what people tend to forget is that they may be at doing that job for eight hours. You don't know what they've encountered on their shift and if you're asking for help, adding in the word please might be the most pleasant interaction they've experienced all day. (Because let's be honest, people suck!) in addition, when someone is done helping you, a thank you can go such a long way because it shows that even though they may have only played a small part in whatever it was you were doing or in your day, you still appreciate what they did.

In the world we live in today, it seems so many people have forgotten what they were taught at such a young age. They think they're better than other people and don't respect others. Remembering to say please and thank you seems so minor and so easy to do, yet it's forgotten so much. Make sure you don't forget. Make sure you treat others with respect and keep your manners because a simple please and thank you can go such a long way