Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes

Cause and effect, karma, and all the good stuff.

74
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Chess_board_777.jpg
Wikimedia

Every action has a reaction. If I get up from my desk at work and start screaming cuss words, I'll most likely get fired and escorted out of the building. If I drop milk on the floor and ignore it, someone may slip in it and get mad at me for not cleaning it up. If I honk my horn at someone for no reason, they'll probably flip me off or drive annoyingly slow on purpose. These are all things that are bound to occur once the first part is triggered.

People tend to forget that whatever they do is going to get a reaction from someone else. It may be talking behind a person's back, messing around with someone even after they've told you it wasn't funny, or approaching someone in a rude manner for no reason. It's human nature to defend yourself if you feel like you're being attacked.

This all being said, people don't really take any sh*t.

When I say this, I don't mean it in any violent or smart mouth way. I mean most people are not going to receive a negative action on them and not fire back with an also negative reaction. Sure, it's not always appropriate, but that's just how it goes.

For instance, if you come up to me and I say 'Hello' and you decide to shove me, I'm most likely going to shove you back and tell you not to do it again.

Is it wrong to think that way?

No, it's not. If I'm not going around doing horrible things to people for no reason—it's okay for me to react that way when people may be doing horrible things to me.

A lot of people in this generation really don't realize that when you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Take for example all of the challenges that surface and spread like wildfires. The "Charlie Charlie" challenge, Tide-pod challenge, Ghost pepper challenge, and way more. These are all idiotic things that kids decided would be fun to challenge their friends into doing. Kids ended up sick, hospitalized, and even accidentally hurting each other when trying to complete these games. Then, parents would complain, and the kids would be upset and wondering how they or their friends ended up sick/injured. But in the ultimate end, the kids knew how dangerous the game would be and played it just to seem cool or fun.

I remember when I first caught wind of little kids and teens doing the "Tide Pod challenge." That weekend, I went over to my parent's house and said to my little brother, "If I catch you making stupid videos with something that can kill you, I'm going to kick you into the next state over. Don't be dumb." If I would have found my 10-year-old brother doing something like that, I would have probably gone more insane than my parents.

However, it's more than just challenges that people don't think about.

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend was driving me to work. We were turning on our street to leave, and a man was flying at about 50 mph. He stopped at the stop sign and we said something to him. We live in an area that's 25 mph, with a school bus stop and a lot of little kids who were outside getting ready to walk to said stop.

We asked him why he was speeding, he said he really didn't care. Mind you, this was a GROWN MAN. A man who looked like he could have had his own kids. We let him know that a lot of kids were in the area and were outside getting ready to go to school. He started cursing at us repeating that he didn't care one bit. My boyfriend said, "Would you care if I took your license plate and gave it to the police?"

Now, even if you were being stubborn up to this point, you should have realized and calmed down. This man did not. Instead, he responded with, "Go ahead, I'll just get away real quick." He then rolled up his window, revved the car engine, and sped down the turn and up the street. In turn, as if karma was following his dust trail, he almost got smashed by a car on the main road up ahead. This is a prime example. He didn't have to be a complete jerk, he didn't have to speed, and if he wasn't trying to act like a dummy, he wouldn't have nearly gotten into an accident.

Again. There is a reaction waiting after every action occurs.

If you want to act careless, you will carelessly get hurt shortly after.

If you want to talk about someone behind their back, they will find out and you will be confronted.

If you want to start drama, you will be followed by it until you choose to stop.

If you want to hurt/harass someone for no reason, it will come back to you.

If you want to participate in stupid viral challenges, you can get seriously hurt, but you can't ask why it happened.

A lot of people want to open Pandora's box, start a new game, or stir the pot, but nobody wants to be held accountable when all of it comes back to them.

Stupid games equal even stupider prizes, so I would be careful next time you want to start lining your pieces up on the chessboard.