Planetary Botany: What Plant Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

These representations are a little more... down to earth.

763

It was Ralph Waldo Emerson who coined the phrase, "The Earth laughs in flowers." We bear them as gifts to comfort or express love, paint them in grand works of art, carry them with us down the aisle and fill our homes with them. Each plant, flowering or not, offers a unique gift, a masterpiece that has inspired thousands of great poets, lovers and storytellers. You may have been graced with a flower for your birth month, but what about for your star sign? Now you'll know.

Cancer: Water Lily (June 21 - July 22)

Cancers are known for their active imagination and emotional instability. You'll often find a Cancer shouting "fight me" at someone who is significantly larger then them, but later see them cry when they see a cute dog in the park. Cancer, you make friends effortlessly and have a 'go with the flow' attitude. Much like a Cancer, the water lily is stunning but sensitive to their surroundings, yet they can often be seen mingling well with other aquatic plants.

Leo: Bird of Paradise (July 23 - Aug. 22)

Leos are flashy and crave attention, often being associated with the "in" crowd and saying things with a pretentious sort of nature. Leo, you seek out the latest and greatest, bringing your findings to lavished events or upscale dinner parties. A bird of paradise acts in a similar way, boasting a showstopping flower that captures the attention of everyone in the garden.

Virgo: Climbing Rose (August 23- September 22)

A Virgo is charming but hard to control. They are fiercely loyal to friends and family, but they often guard their hearts. A Virgo will fight to get what they want, even when it seems impossible. Virgo, you are practical and hardworking, but you are often hypercritical of yourself. Climbing roses, like Virgos, grow well in tightly knit communities, reach out for their goals and are driven by stamina, hard work and thorns.

Libra: Phalaenopsis Orchid (Sept. 23 - Oct. 22)

A Libra is scholarly and classical, collecting fine artworks, music and literature. Libra, you are graceful, yet you are horribly indecisive when it comes to tough decisions and often rely on the opinions of others. You are fragile at the core, refusing to instigate or participate in conflicts. A single orchid flower is not a happy one, and neither are you if you are alone. The orchid is an embodiment of elegance, and much like a Libra, it captivates an audience.

Scorpio: Venus Fly Trap (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21)

Scorpios are known for their passion and fiery ambitions. A Scorpio will work tirelessly for the truth and are not afraid to tear into someone to get it. Scorpio, you are very trustworthy, guarding others secrets with closed lips. This is a friend you will not lose, unless you cross them. Be warned, a Scorpio has a temper, and like the Venus fly trap, if you take things too far, they'll snap.

Sagittarius: Air Plant (Nov. 21 - Dec. 21)

A Sagittarius is known for their ideals, flakiness and lust for life. This sign is always on the move, be that traveling or just some new changes in their life. They can thrive in almost any environment and can crack a joke in any situation. They do not like to be tied down and find themselves uncomfortable in tight spaces. An air plant flourishes without the constraints of soil, and shallow roots make them vastly more mobile than other botanical life, perfectly matching their star sign counterpart.

Capricorn: Bearded Iris (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)

Capricorns are proud, regal and sometimes a bit of a know-it-all. They take on leadership roles and do not take kindly to slack or imperfections. You are tough, Capricorn, a real take-no-sh*t kind of character, but you are loving when it comes to close friends and family. Capricorns are content in their castles but will find happiness at events of integrity. A bearded iris is rigid, often lovely company but does not always play well with others.

Aquarius: Silver Dollar Eucalyptus (Jan. 20 -Feb. 18)

Aquarius, you are progressive, bold and independent. You are not afraid to express yourself and are always down for a battle of wits. Aquariuses are known for their selflessness and humanitarian views. If you end up on an Aquarius' bad side, good luck because they are often aloof. The silver dollar eucalyptus is known for its calming scent and interesting appearance, just like Aquarius.

Pisces: Pin Oak (Feb. 19 - March 20)

The phrase "wise beyond their years" is not unfamiliar to a Pisces. They are usually gentle and compassionate, making them the perfect shoulder to cry on. You are dedicated to others yet have a strong urge to check out from time to time. The pin oak is at peace in the company of its own presence, ages well, and like a Pisces, it does well with wet feet!

Aries: Golden Barrel Cactus (March 21 - April 19)

Aries, you are confident, independent and a little impulsive. You are a trailblazer and are not afraid of a physical challenge. An Aries will take charge with enthusiasm but can sometimes rub people the wrong way by mistake. Word to the wise, an angry Aries should be avoided as they have a very short fuse and tend to bristle in a fight. Like Aries, the golden barrel cactus is fascinating, possesses a high physical and mental tolerance and definitely packs a punch.

Taurus: Bristlecone Pine (April 20 - May 20)

Taurus, you are incredibly patient and well grounded. An earth sign through and through, you will often see a Taurus in the garden or crafting with their hands. They often hear, "You're so mature for your age." Despite their calm nature, Tauruses are stubborn, often seen as uncompromising and rigid in their views. The bristlecone pine is the oldest tree on earth, tolerant and soothing but tough as hell.

Gemini: Twist and Shout Hydrangea (May 21 - June 20)

A Gemini knows how to start the party. They are often bubbly, affectionate and make a wonderful conversationalist. Being the twin sign, a Gemini can have a two-tone persona. There is the fun, charismatic side, yet they can easily become blunt and standoffish. A hydrangea either full and blooming, packed with personality or completely bare and will probably ignore you.