How To Plan A Productive Morning
Lifestyles

7 Productive Morning Tasks To Accomplish Before Noon, To Become A Better Morning Person

Following these tips may be able to help you become a healthy and productive person of the early morning.

127
woman stretching in the morning sun

The way you spend your morning truly sets the vibe for the rest of your day. Ever noticed how the days you wake up late and have to rush everything, the rest of your day just seems to come crashing down? Ya, I've been there too. But these simple morning tasks will help you create a productive and stress-free way of life.

Get up early

First thing first, is you have to get up before noon to accomplish these things before noon (duh). If you are not a morning person and getting up early is an issue for you, I share that. A way I started to get up earlier and become a more productive morning person, is going to bed earlier the night before.

Another way was gradually setting my alarm clock up earlier and earlier until I was waking up at the desired time I wanted, which for summer is currently 8:30 am, but I am going to have to somehow train myself to wake up earlier for school.

Drink Water

The first thing you should do when you wake up, or while your coffee is brewing, drink a tall glass of water. Your body has lacked the necessary H2O for the last six to eight hours you have been asleep, and you should be starting your day off right and well hydrated. Getting in the habit of drinking water frequently is probably the easiest thing to do, and can help you begin to develop a routine.

Quick Tip: If you constantly forget to drink water, try drinking a glass with every meal or snack.

Quick Tip 2: If you think water is too boring to drink, try adding cucumber, watermelon, lemon, or even orange slices.

Have some "Me Time"

Take a part of your morning to just relax, sip your coffee, reflect on your upcoming day, and maybe even making a task list to help you organize your daily to-dos. I have found that just simply taking five minutes out of the day to sit and organize my day, really helps me realistically plan what I am going to accomplish that day. You can even turn this into me time plus pet time and give some of your love to your pet in the early am.

Get some exercise in

Exercising in the morning helps get your blood pumping and body energized for the day, whether it is a walk with your dog, a run around your town, a hefty gym sesh, or even just some yoga in your backyard. I always feel that when I exercise in the morning, it helps me stay on track with a healthy diet, as well as helps me wake up and get out of a morning grog.

Eat some good grub

Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So nourishing your body with foods such as fruits, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, meat, veggies, or even a smoothie catered to your body's needs (i.e protein, green machine, probiotic, superfood, etc.), will help you stay full until your next meal, as well as keeping your fuel levels up to accomplish everything you need to in your day.

Remember: A full tummy is a happy tummy, and a happy tummy is a successful mind.

Tidy up

You can't control every messy mishap in life, but you can keep your place nice and organized. Just doing little things around the house each morning can help you create a tidier space, which may even lead to a clearer and calmer mind. I like to think If you live in clutter, your life is cluttered, and vice versa. For example, just make your bed, put some dishes away, vacuum or wipe down an area, or just a quick tidy up or declutter of your desk.

Take a shower / Get ready for your day

A nice shower helps you feel fresh and ready for the new day, and since you've already accomplished so much in the early AM, it serves as a great refresher to keep your day going. Then just do your daily skin, hair, and morning routine, throw on a great outfit, and you're ready for the day.

In order to make the most of your day, you have to wake up before half of the day is already over. I totally get it if you are not a morning person, I can sleep for days if you let me, but believe me getting up early and accomplishing these tasks not only leaves you feeling more accomplished, but you'll have more time in the day to do what you want or get ahead on other tasks.