Places To Visit in Paris
Travel

Paris, The City Of Love

The most beautiful places to visit in Paris.

79
Paris, The City Of Love
http://comfort-tours.com/paris-travel-tour-eiffel-paris-opera-attractions/

Paris, the capital of France, is a global center for art, passion, and culture. It is the second largest French-speaking population and continues to attract many tourists to this day. Go ahead and fall in love!

1. Eiffel Tower

Eiffel Tower

upload.wikimedia.org

The Eiffel Tower was built by Gustave Eiffel to celebrate the hundredth anniversary of the French Revolution. The first floor houses 58 meters above the ground, while the second floor has the best view at 115 meters, and the third floor at 275 meters also including Gustave Eiffel's office.

The Eiffel Tower is a must to enjoy the lovely view of Paris!

2. Notre Dame Cathedral

Notre-Dame de Paris

upload.wikimedia.org

Also known as Notre-Dame de Paris, the Notre Dame is located on the eastern half of the Ile de la Cité, which is the birthplace of Paris and the link between the two banks. The Notre Dame is a Roman Catholic cathedral and is considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture in France and Europe.

Those who take a tour are advised to walk around the building, then go inside and climb to the top of the towers. Although it takes an exhausting 387 steps to climb to the top of the towers, it will be worth to get a panoramic view of the region and see the surrounding gargoyles on the roof up close!

3. Louvre Museum

Louvre

upload.wikimedia.org

This is the most visited art museum in the whole world! Located in the heart of Paris, it has an area of 210,000 square feet and was built under Phillip II in the late 12th century. The Louvre is divided into the eight following departments:

Egyptian Antiquities, Oriental Antiquities, Greek/Etruscan/Roman, Islamic Art, Sculptures of the Middle Ages, Objects of Art, Paintings, and Graphic Arts.

This historic building is a former royal palace and is the most important symbol of cultural influence of France.

4. Arc de Triomphe

Arc of Triumph

upload.wikimedia.org

The Arc de Triomphe translated as the Arc of Triumph is the highest peak of Champs-Elysées. This architecture is dedicated to the glory of French victories in the imperial armies and is the largest monument of its kind. Desired by Napoleon, the sculpture stands 60 feet above sea level and was built during the 19th century.

5. Château de Versailles

Palace of Versailles

upload.wikimedia.org

The Château de Versailles is a demonstration of French supremacy in Europe as it is the most famous castle and garden in France. Serving as a symbol of military power, this was built in the 17th century and consists of complex buildings, gardens, and terraces.

This is a must for any visitor who enjoys Renaissance art and to understand the refinement of the French!

With thousands of historical architecture and captivating culture, Paris is destined to be known as the city of love! No matter the time of day, the beautiful city offers so many attractions for visitors to discover and to fall in love with it.

So what are you waiting for? Say Au Revoir to where you're at right now and Bonjour to the capital of France!