Top 10 Places To Visit In Oklahoma

Top 10 Places To Visit In Oklahoma

Perfect places for inexpensive day trips.

304

These places are some of my favorite to visit in Oklahoma and as a resident here they are perfect for day trips because of the minimal car ride. I hope you visit these locations and enjoy them as much as I have.

1. Turner Falls 

upload.wikimedia.org

Turner Falls is in the Arbuckle Mountains and is home to Oklahoma's largest waterfall. You can hike, swim, explore a rock castle, fish, tube, and much more. You can even rent a cabin if you want to stay the night.

2. Pops on Route 66

upload.wikimedia.org

Pops is in Arcadia off of route 66 and it is great place to get a burger and a specialty pop; not to mention the light up pop bottle out front. Near by there is the Round Barn which is a completely circular barn that was constructed in 1898 and is a unique structure worth visiting. During the fall Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch is open and during the summer you can head to Arcadia Lake to cool off.

3. Blue Dome District in Downtown Tulsa

upload.wikimedia.org

Downtown Tulsa has one of the best art districts in the state and you can visit many art museums the most famous being the Philbrook. There are unique shops and fancy restraunts all composed of stunning architecture. There is a interesting spot nestled in the middle of downtown called "The Center of the Universe" where when you stand in this paticular circle of concrete your voice echoes back to you. Occasionally there are festivals like May Fest, Winter Fest, and Day of the Dead.

4. Bricktown in Oklahoma City

upload.wikimedia.org

Bricktown is a beautiful place where there is something for everyone to do. There is a movie theatre, clubs, shops, mini-golf, restraunts, and most famously a riverwalk. You can also visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, the Murrah Bombing Museum, and the botanical gardens.

5. Robber's Cave

c1.staticflickr.com

Robber's Cave is a wonderful place for exploring. You can walk along the trails, go down into caves, go hiking, or wade in creeks. There is also horse back riding and paddle boating. If you are looking for a relaxing trip in nature, this is it.

6. Woodward Park

c1.staticflickr.com

Woodward Park is nice place to take a relaxing stroll through and it is home to an arboretum, (a botanical garden completely devoted to trees), and it also has a regular botanical garden. The scenery is breath taking and it has a playground which makes it an entertaining place for children.

7. The Gloss Mountains

upload.wikimedia.org

Even though the Gloss Mountains has 'mountains' in its name, it is actually mesas and buttes. They appear shiny and glass like because of the amount of selenite in their soil. This a truly fascinating place to visit and it is perfect for hiking and viewing wildlife. You won't regret traveling here as you see the sun set behind the mesas.

8. Downtown Guthrie

upload.wikimedia.org

Downtown Guthrie is rich in historic buildings and brick walkways. There are antique shops, museums, coffee shops, a theatre. Downtown Guthrie also has a national park that is only an elm tree making it the smallest in the United States. If you are able to come in April there is a carnival and parade celebrating the land run. In December there is an event called the Victorian Walk where people come dressed in Victorian clothes and there are carriages, live music, good food, and carollers.

9. Paseo District in Oklahoma City

upload.wikimedia.org

The Paseo District in Oklahoma City has some of the finest shops and art galleries. It is designed to resemble Spanish architecture with authentic clay roofs and stucco building. There are many restaurants to eat at and on Wednesday nights "Sauced at Paseo" hosts a slam poetry night.

10. Chickasaw National Park

www.publicdomainpictures.net

Chickasaw National Park is one of the most gorgeous places you can visit in Oklahoma. You can go hunting, fishing, water skiing, boating, hiking, swimming, and much more. There is wildlife everywhere and it is even located on the Central migratory flyaway path, which makes it perfect for bird watching.