Places To Visit In Maine

10 beautiful Places you need to see when you visit maine

Written from one who is from Maine.

48
Chandler Burke

There are many beautiful places to visit in Maine, but these 10 are definitely worth your visit.

1. Old Orchard Beach

This is one of my absolute favorite beaches ever. Although it is always very busy and sometimes extremely overcrowded, it is one of Maine's known attractions that everyone must go to.

2. Peaks island

Peaks island is one of the cutest islands off the coast of Portland. It makes for a perfect day trip, as a trip exploring the entire island can take about 2 hours on a golf cart.

3. Funtown Splashtown USA

As Maine's largest amusement park, Funtown is one of Maine's most iconic destinations. I have been going here since childhood, and continue to go every year. The waterpark is also super cute.

4. The Old Port

The Old Port could possibly be my favorite Maine destination. There is so much to do in downtown Portland, and I have an amazing time whenever I do anything there.

5. South Portland Mall Area

The "Maine Mall" in South Portland is a very important spot to visit, as it could be considered Maine's best mall. Although it is one story, it is where I grew up shopping—and I always find myself making my way back to visit it.

6. Freeport

Freeport is one of the cutest areas in Maine. There is outlet shopping, nice restaurants, and various shops. It's beautiful all year round, and always decorated for the winter season.

7. Kittery Outlets

I love the Kittery Outlets. It might be because it has LuluLemon, but there are various other shops that are just as cute.

8. Ogunquit

Ogunquit has such a beautiful beach, and the energy is always so positive. I love this area.

9. Kennebunkport

Kennebunkport is a go-to for sure. There are various adorable stores that are so unique, and also amazing dining.

10. Naples

If you're looking for a simple and calm area in Maine with water, Naples is that place. The waterfront is stunning, and it can be so nice to just sit out by the water and relax.

As these are all my favorite places to visit in Maine, I hope you love them just as much as I do.