Summer has kicked off in Raleigh, North Carolina! I've lived here for 11 years off and on and each summer seems to stretch on and on as I get older because now I am not waiting for the first day of school every August. Aside from going to the beach, what else is there to do here? Here are some ideas!

The North Carolina Museum of Natural Science is always a fun place to go in beat the heat! Nestled in downtown Raleigh, this is a fun museum to check out if science is your thing.

The North Carolina Museum of History has an interesting American Indian festival every year. My favorite exhibit they have done so far was about the Titanic and there was an iceberg you could touch!

My husband and I use to go on dates to the North Carolina Museum of Art all the time when we started dating. What is more calming than gazing at art?

Lake Lynn is a fun place to feed the ducks, to walk around the lake, or just watch the sunset. It is a relaxing activity either way.

If you are looking for a pretty spot to have a picnic, Pullen Park is the place to go! It's perfect for warm summer evenings.

Summers in Raleigh are my favorite time of the year. Between beach walks with my husband, to swimming laps in the mornings before the heat of the day, there is so much to do in the summer in Raleigh.