10 Places I Really Wish I Was Going To For Spring Break

Staycations are good for the wallet but I wish I was going somewhere cooler than my room.

191
Federico Giampieri

Spring break is just around the corner for us college kids and I’ve been getting more and more jealous every time someone tells me about their amazing plans. Sadly, my spring break will consist of sitting in my room watching Netflix for 12 hours at a time and probably snacking a lot. Here’s where I wish I was actually going this spring break:

1. St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Since the U.S Virgin Islands don’t require passports for U.S. citizens, this is the perfect place for a last minute week long beach getaway. Flights can be fairly cheap if you plan it right and there are always flight/hotel combo deals.

2. Anywhere in Greece

Obviously, Santorini, Athens, and Mykonos are some of the more popular and expensive places to go in Greece but honestly anywhere along the coast looking out over the ocean sounds perfect to me.

3. Santa Cruz, California

I spent a week there at the beginning of the year and there were opportunities for whale watching, tons of yummy food, and beautiful scenery, what more could you want?

4. London, England

Yeah, it can be a little rainy and grey but I would give anything to be walking around seeing Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the London Eye, and of course taking pictures next to every single phone booth.

5. San José, Costa Rica

San José has gorgeous beaches, amazing culture, and a huge market for ecotourism. You can explore the extraordinary biodiversity or go find a volcano, there are so many options to choose from!

6. Rome, Italy

I’ve always wanted to live out my very own “Lizzie McGuire Movie” fantasy; eat tons of yummy food, see the amazing sites, and hopefully fall in love with someone who wasn’t as big of a jerk as Paolo.

7. Cape Town, South Africa

There are so many mountains and national parks in Cape Town and all I want to do is hike and drive along the coast forever, or just a week because yah know, spring break doesn’t last forever.

8. Cancun, Mexico

Cancun is definitely one of the most well-known destinations for college students and this wouldn’t be a real list without it. The scenery is incredible and there are always tons of cheap hotels for even the most broke student.

9. Breckenridge, Colorado

Who doesn’t want to spend their spring break surrounded by picturesque mountains? The scenery is perfect for the avid skiers and snowboarders and there are plenty of other awesome outdoor activities if you’re as uncoordinated as I am.

10. Daytona, Florida

The typical spring break spot for college kids everywhere, but sometimes you need that predicable, wild weekend, right? Just remember to pick up your red solo cups but we don’t need any more trash in our oceans.

I’ll be living vicariously thorough others this spring break, but this list has definitely given me some good ideas for the many trips I’m hoping are in my future! Whether you’re traveling within the U.S. or going abroad; there are so many different countries and cities to explore!