13 Places That'll Satisfy Your Inner Wanderlust

Though it’s a long flight to get there, Thailand is definitely worth the trip.

332

Bored in class and wondering where your next vacation will be? I've got all the best vacation spots that'll be sure to blow your mind. Learn more about different countries and which country may sound like the best vacation spot for you! We all have that inner wanderlust in all of us that's just bursting with desires to travel! These places are best for your next year's spring break destination (I know you're planning spring break 2019 already!) So without further-a-do, here are 13 places that'll be sure to satisfy your inner wanderlust!

1. Iceland

The Blue Lagoon is definitely somewhere on my list. If any of you are as obsessed with Keeping Up With the Kardashians as I am, then you’ll probably remember this beautiful scene in their Iceland vacation episode. Iceland has so many jaw-dropping natural pools, volcanoes, canyons and amazing natural sceneries. While Iceland is not usually on people’s top vacation spots list, it definitely should be! The quiet, rural country will surely be the perfect place for you to relax and wind down from your busy schedule.

2. Australia

How many of you are in love with Australian accents? Their perfect beach bodies don’t hurt either! The first things you think of when thinking about Australia are koalas and kangaroos! There are so many sanctuaries and natural reserves that serve as homes to these beautiful creatures. The Great Barrier Reef is also a great place to see! Imagine being able to sink your feet in crystal blue water with colorful fishes and coral underneath your feet! Another popular spot in Australia is the Sydney Opera House. Being one of the most well-known theaters, the Sydney Opera House will be a treat for the eyes.

3. Mexico

Every college student’s dream spring break destination is Cancun! Beautiful crystal water with amazing views and a fun atmosphere are just a few of the reasons why college students love Mexico! Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta both offer great beaches as well! These places are perfect for families looking to have fun with the kids. If you’re looking for historical places to visit, Chichen Itza is filled with rich Mayan culture. Ancient pyramids are just waiting to reveal their Mayan history! Mexico should definitely be on your list because although it has many beaches and tourist destinations, Mexico also has the best food! Authentic Spanish food served with amazing views and a side of ancient culture! What could be better?

4. Dubai

The first thing you think about when thinking about Dubai is, of course, the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa! This record-breaking building stands tall at 2,722 ft. with an incredible view of the city, which is even better at night! The Dubai Mall has so many fun things to do, such as the aquarium and the underwater zoo! This world-famous mall also offers an indoor theme park, called the SEGA Republic, as well as 1,200 other shops that will make you shop till you drop, literally. Other fun activities include dune bashing, snowboarding and camel riding on the Dubai Desert! Come on! You only get to see camel riding in the desert in movies! Dubai is filled with an endless amount of things to do and keep you busy while enjoying your vacation!

5. Alaska

One thing I’ve always wanted to do since I was a kid was to see the Northern Lights! You may think of Alaska as only snowing 24/7 with nothing but moose and polar bears. Well, Alaska actually has a lot more to offer than just that! There are so many national parks and national forests that offer breathtaking views and a variety of wildlife. Hiking on Mt. Denali and kayaking on the waters nearby is sure to bring out the inner adventurer in you! Not to mention, Alaska is a great place to take cute pics and make you the “cool girl” on Instagram!

6. Hawaii

Any human on this planet would say Hawaii is the PERFECT vacation destination. Clear beaches, picturesque mountains and dormant volcanoes, all on unique islands that each have their own individual specialties. One of the most popular islands to visit in Hawaii is the island of Maui. There are loads of things to do here including visiting the Haleakala National Park, where you can see the largest dormant volcano, as well as visiting the Waianapanapa State Park and sink your feet in black sand! Helicopter tours also do not disappoint as you get to see the beautiful Island from a bird’s eye view. Another must-see island is Oahu. At Oahu, you can visit historic Pearl Harbor and pay your respects at the USS Arizona Memorial. Try riding an ATV at the Kualoa Ranch, where you can also go ziplining or even view popular Hollywood shooting locations. Hawaii will definitely not disappoint your wanderlust expectations!

7. Turkey

Turkey is such a beautiful country with rich history. Be sure to visit the city of Istanbul, where you can visit the famous Blue Mosque as well as the Hagia Sophia Museum. Istanbul is also home to the Grand Bazaar where you can get real hands experience with the Turkish culture and food! Another really cool place to visit are the Pamukkale Thermal Pools where you can spend time in the disease-curing water and relax with a view! Visit the Goreme National Park where you can view a landscape of rock formations shaped to look like a lunar landscape! Another historically rich place is the ancient city of Ephesus, or at least what’s left of it. This biblical place is known for Apostle Paul’s preaching to the pagans in biblical time. If you’ve ever read the Iliad, then you’ll definitely want to visit the ancient city of Troy! View the altars, temples, and even the fake Trojan horse! Turkey has so much rich history, that’s waiting for you to explore it all.

8. Greece

Hello, Santorini!! The perfect contrast between the bright blue ocean and white buildings! Sit right by the beautiful ocean, enjoying authentic, delicious Greek food! Who doesn’t love baklava!? Besides this popular vacation spot, try visiting the ruins of Athens and the Parthenon, where you can go back to 5th century history! Mykonos is filled with popular hotels, restaurants and nightlife! Greece is known for its ancient but beautiful architecture, filled with rich culture that still exists today.

9. Morocco

Morocco is another culturally-rich tourist place. Explore this north-African country by visiting the Jemaa-el-Fnaa, where you can purchase goods and souvenirs from the marketplace. This busy part of town is also home to many different types of entertainment that surely keeps its guests amused. If you’re a fan of nature, visit the Jardin Majorelle, where you will find yourself surrounded by beautiful gardens. Relax in a steam bath called a hammam, or even trek the Sahara Desert on a camel in true Middle Eastern style! Visit the largest mosque in the country, known as the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, where you can explore the building’s breathtaking beauty. Enjoy Morocco’s Middle Eastern culture that’ll take you into a whole other world.

10. Fiji

How many of you have drank Fiji water? Well then, you may know that Fiji is known for its pure, crystal clear water! Fiji is all about the outdoors! Tan at the beaches, hike on a trail, kayak on the coast, skydive or surf the large waves! Whatever outdoor activity, Fiji probably has it! Fiji screams tropical! Drink from a coconut, or just soak up in the Southeast Asian culture by visiting ancient temples. Fiji is waiting for you with adventure!

11. Indonesia

All I can think of when I think of Indonesia is of course, Bali!! Greenery, cute monkeys, ancient temples galore! Did I mention CUTE monkeys! Helloo, Instagram likes!! Explore the safari and discover Indonesian wildlife! Rice terraces are filled with rings of pure green landscape, unique from other countries. Try exploring underwater reefs by going snorkeling! Having a largely Buddhist history, the emergence of ancient Buddhist temples hidden in jungles just waiting for you to discover makes Indonesia one of the BEST places to visit, that’ll be sure to make your friends jealous.

12. Cuba

While it may be difficult for some to visit this beautiful country, everyone should definitely visit Cuba at least once! Cuba is home to rich Spanish culture that never seems to fade! Ride in a classic 1950s car and visit Havana, the capital city, where it’s always bustling with food and culture. Walk on the beach or visit the Morro Castle, which is an old fort near to Havana. Go swim in a cenote, that is only found in a few places in the world. Live music and dancing is always happening in the capital city, as Cubans love to dance! You should also try drinking authentic Cuban coffee. Let me warn you, it is addictive and very powerful!

13. Thailand

Though it’s a long flight to get there, Thailand is definitely worth the trip! Flyboarding is probably the coolest thing you could do there! It’s like you’re flying but on water! How cool is that? Explore the canyons or Thai rivers by going bamboo rafting! (Yes that’s right, a raft made of bamboo!) Try exploring the floating markets — that is, a marketplace on the canals! How many of you have heard a fish spa? These fish will bite away at the dead skin on your feet that can sometimes be quite ticklish! How about seeing an elephant up close? Thailand has so much to do and so many places to see! No wonder it’s rated one of the most popular vacation spots in the world!