Why You Should Watch Pixar Movies If You Need A Good Cry

Pixar films are relentless in making you emotional.

32
Today

I think if we’re all honest, we can agree that Pixar films are some of the best movies ever made. They are heartfelt and warming while entertaining both kids and adults with their humor and storylines. The humor is witty, silly, and relatable to all kinds of situations. Each person can relate to the films on a certain level and they just make you feel happy. But at the same time, Pixar films make you cry. If someone says they have never cried during a Pixar film, they are either heartless or lying. While I won’t go through each movie, I will give some examples of how Pixar makes us cry. (Warning: this includes spoilers).

I will start with "Toy Story 2". Out of the three "Toy Story" movies that have been made, this is one of the better ones. This is also probably the Pixar movie I have seen the most. The scene that gets to me is the scene where Jessie is telling Woody about her previous owner. The beginning of the scene is sweet and moving. But when her previous owner forgets about her, it tugs at the heart strings. You really lose it when Jessie gets put in the box to be taken away. You finally get a sense of who Jessie is and why she wants so much to be loved again.

Since I’m on the topic of "Toy Story", let us not forget about "Toy Story 3". This whole movie is heart-wrenching. Andy is all grown up and no longer plays with his toys. All the toys want is to be loved and played with again. I definitely was trying to hold back tears when the toys were about to be incinerated and all held hands as they thought it was the end. However, I cried so much during the last scene when Woody said good-bye to Andy as Andy drove off. Andy had just given his toys to a little girl and had played with them for one last time. It was probably the most I had ever cried in a Pixar film.

"Monsters Inc." was another film that had me emotional. Sully had learned to love Boo and was like a father to her. The film was a humorous one and very funny. But when Sully had to say goodbye to Boo, it was tough. Boo didn’t want Sully to go, and Sully didn’t want to let Boo go. That was such a sweet and innocent relationship, no one wanted to see it end. What really go to me, though, was after Sully left and Boo swung open her door expecting to see Sully there. He wasn’t and Boo stood there in confusion. That is still a very intense emotional scene, even after all of these years.

Let’s talk about "Finding Nemo". A father and son separated with the father risking life and limb to find his son. That movie was emotional from the beginning when Marlin lost his wife and children to the shark. Nemo was all he had left. It was such a touching moment when Nemo and his father were reunited. There were many moments when Marlin thought his son was gone forever: when he thought Nemo was dead in the dentist’s office, and when Nemo, Marlin, and Dory helped to save the fish that were being captured. But the moment when they were reunited was very sweet and touching.

We can’t forget "Up". The beginning of the movie showed the most beautiful love story of any movie, and has become iconic for being one of the saddest moments in Pixar history. Carl and Ellie were friends since childhood and loved each other unconditionally. It was very sad when they couldn’t have children, but they made the best of it. They never got to visit their dream place, but they made their own adventures. When Ellie died, however, it left no eye dry. Carl had lost the only person he had ever loved. It was very sad and tugged on the heart.

Pixar has made many more films, each with their own moments of having no eye dry. These moments are very relatable and each person can relate to one or more. Even though Pixar films can be hard to watch, they are some of the best movies ever made. I would recommend them to all.