16 Ways To Show Affection That I Took For Granted Pre-Quarantine

I'm one of those super touchy people who just loves hugs, holding hands, and any other form of physical touch, but these things aren't exactly COVID-19 friendly. I definitely can't hold a "Free Hugs" poster in Times Square right now, and I'm definitely missing it — the hugs, that is.

I was lucky enough to have lived with my boyfriend for a good four months during quarantine, but he has now left for South Carolina where COVID cases are rising and we are separated for what seems like an eternity. Physical touch forms a special connection and bond for both romantic and platonic relationships.

I miss hugging my friends, my brother, my family, and my boyfriend. Thankfully, however, I can still give myself and my dog a squeeze.

See Also "The 5 Love Languages And What They ACTUALLY Mean About You."

Here are all the touchy things I miss about pre-quarantine life, that I (and maybe you) took for granted:

1. Having a hand on my shoulder

2. Any and all high-fives

3. Kisses on the lips, forehead, arm – everywhere

4. Being able to share drinks and meals

5. Having a hand on my thigh

Bonus points if we are in the car and they are driving.

6. Tickle monster games

7. Holding hands

8. Dancing

9. Booty taps and squeezes

10. Sleeping together and stealing all the blankets

11. Bear hugs

12. Having hands cupped around my face

13. Cuddles and snuggles

14. Just driving together

15. Having a hand on my waist

16. Playing footsie

Follow Swoon on Instagram.