Get Off Your Phone And Enjoy Summer

Get Off Your Phone And Enjoy Summer

There are better things to worry about than followers and likes.

6
Get Off Your Phone And Enjoy Summer

Our world is filled with technology. How long has it been since you last checked your Facebook? I can tell you it's been ten minutes since I last checked mine. I'm already wondering about my likes, comments, and what my news feed has to offer. Surprisingly, I don't spend as much time on the internet like I used to, and I've learned that there is an entirely different world out there that doesn't involve updates on your favorite celebrities, or just updates on your friends.

You can start by simply just shutting your phone off, or putting it on silent. No notifications, no problem! It will be a little difficult if you're used to using your phone constantly-- however, the urge to check your phone every ten seconds usually goes away after a while.

Get outside. I know this probably sounds like a total mom quote, but please take time to just go outside everyday (weather permitting). Soak up some vitamin D, which isn't only great for your mental health, but your physical health! Being outside and getting vitamin D from the sun is a really great way to increase happiness, since vitamin D is essential for your overall well-being!

When you finally put down your phone, it's almost like a huge relief. I don't have to worry about bringing a charger everywhere I go, or worry about who's texting me every single second. When you finally get a chance to look around you, and notice all the beautiful things life has to offer, you may not go back to using your phone every day. All it takes is one day. One day without a phone, internet, TV, computer, etc.

You'll be surprised at what your town may have to offer. Go to a park, hike in the woods and find yourself. If you don't truly know yourself without a phone, just try one day without it. You may learn a lot about yourself that you didn't know before. Go on a picnic and take a friend and make them leave their phone in the car. I guarantee you will not get bored of being with them. Just go on a late night drive and talk for hours--you'll learn so much about your friend.

Just put the phone down for an hour if you can't do it for an entire day. Take that hour and spend it with someone you love, or doing something you love. These moments don't last very long, so cherish them while you're still lucky enough to be here and enjoy them.