taking a phone break

I Took A 'Phone Break' And Relieved Myself Of So Much Stress

I never realized how much my phone was holding me back.

284
Julia Price

I have never classified myself as someone who would be lost without their phone. I'll even admit that I've made fun of my friends multiple times for not being able to do anything without their technology. I had no other choice but to go phoneless for a day and all I have to say is I AM SORRY to anyone that I have ever bashed for loving their phone so much. I never realized how dependent I am on my iPhone and I never appreciated it until it was gone.

Honestly though, breaking my phone was good for me. Not so much for my wallet, but I was so surprised at myself for the things that I got done in such a short amount of time.

My room is cleaner now than it was when I moved in; this place is so spotless you could eat off of the floors if you wanted to! The laundry that had been piling up in my hamper for a while now finally got washed, folded, and put away. My Halloween decor has been packed away and it's ready for storage while my Christmas decor is already out and on display. Also, in honor of the flu season, everything in this dorm has been "Lysol-ed."

I was actually up and on time for my early class because I didn't have my phone to distract me and keep me in bed thirty minutes longer than I should have been. Plus, the amount of writing that I finished is unbelievable, and assignments that I typically would've had to stay up all night to finish were done in no time. Speaking of which, I'm sure that my organs were jumping for joy when I began drinking water instead of coffee because an all-nighter was no longer needed.

Even the most social of people need a break sometimes.

And for me, being one of the most social people you will ever come across, that technological break was one of the best things I could have done at this point in the semester. I spent time alone instead of contacting friends, and that was a good thing! The time that I normally would have spent socializing was spent on completing tasks that otherwise never would have been done. Overall it was a good experience, and while I'd rather not wish another broken phone on myself or anyone for that matter, I will say that maybe we should be taking breaks from technology more often. I definitely recommend it, and there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be surprised at all the things that you can get done in such a short amount of time.