8 College Pet Peeves I Can't Get Over

8 College Pet Peeves I Can't Get Over

Now that I'm close to the end of my sophomore year of college, I can say that I have a few pet peeves that I just can't seem to stop thinking about.

133
8 College Pet Peeves I Can't Get Over
https://pxhere.com/en/photo/936770

Everyone has their pet peeves, whether they are reasonable or not. I have come to find that those pet peeves can be emphasized during college, or even new ones can be brought out. There is no easy way to get over these, you just have to let them happen and deal with them.

When someone takes your unassigned assigned seat

Once it gets past the first week or two of classes my seat is MY seat. Last semester somebody took my seat the last week of class and it made me so mad. When have you ever sat here? Then I also had to take someone else's seat because of it so I was the bad guy too.

When someone takes your shower, stall, or sink

We all have a favorite shower, bathroom stall, or sink that we always go to, even if we don't consciously think about it. I know I get extremely annoyed when someone is in my favorite shower or stall. It just isn't the same using a different one, so I try to avoid it at all costs.

When people are in your study spot

Moral of the story is, I hate when people are in my favorite places. I know where I like to study and work, and where I can do it well. So when there are too many people in my study space, it makes me upset. Usually I just end up going back to my room and getting nothing done.

When people know who you are but don't acknowledge you

I have to admit I am guilty of this too, a lot. College can be weird and awkward, and you never quite know when you are on the right level of friendship with someone to say hi or not. Can we just all be nice and say hi? Even if we've only met someone once or twice or even just follow them on Instagram. We know we know each other.

When people talk on the phone in the hallway

For some reason this year a lot of people in my hall always talk on the phone in the hallway right outside of our room. I don't know if they understand that their conversation isn't private. We can hear every word, so you might as well just stay in your room. It's even worse when they it on speaker and we can actually hear everything. Thank you for allowing me to hear your life story.

When the dining hall doesn't have the food you want

Sometimes you are just in the mood for something and are so looking forward it, just to get there and find out they don't have it today. The food at college isn't the best anyway, so when I can't have what I want it just makes my day a lot worse.

When you are trying to sleep and people are being loud

I get that everyone has their lives and sometimes I do go to bed a little early compared to most college students, but can we not be yelling and screaming or playing music so loudly? I like to have my rest please. Also, for some reason this year there are always garbage trucks or other vehicles outside our window super early in the morning. I would appreciate if they came a little later so I could actually sleep in for once.

When you are listening to music and someone keeps trying to talk to you

I love seeing people around that I know, but if I am listening to music or doing my work just say hi and let me be. I am always open to talking, but not when I am busy or having me time. If you see me put my headphones back in after we have stopped talking, don't keep talking. I can't hear you. This is probably just a big pet peeve in general, but I have definitely noticed it a lot more throughout college.