To The Pet We Lost too Soon

To The Pet We Lost too Soon

Rest in peace buddy. We love you.
1

We adopted you six months ago, and you were so energetic. Just barely a year old, we were sure we would have more time with you. But all too soon you got sick. Sick and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. We took you to the vet, and we tried to feed you and give you medicine. But you just couldn't regain your strength.

Losing a pet is hard, and they say it's harder the longer it's been. But I have to say, that's not true. It doesn't matter if they've been with you for 10 years or 6 months, the pain hurts all the same. The tears fall either way.

Tonight we came home and found that you had passed. It broke my heart. I may not have had much time with you, but the day we picked you out is suck in my head. I took mom in just to look, and sure enough we fell in love. The next day you came home with us. You were ours. We brought you home and let you roam, you were now the king.

I've lost cats before, but neither one hurt as bad as this one did. Tiggs we said goodbye to ten years ago, right after we moved in. She was old, and it was time. That day I cried. Then a year and a half ago we lost George, and that one hurt too. He had been a Christmas present, and I didn't want to believe it was true. But tonight, tonight when we discovered Bob had gone, I couldn't stop the tears.

You were only 15 months old. A baby. You had so much life yet to live. We had so many conversations that were yet to be had. You didn't get to hear me complain about anything. You didn't get to comfort me while I cried. You didn't even get to kick me out of my bed in the middle of the night. One day you were here, and the next you were gone.

We lost you all too soon. I wish we could have saved you. I wish you didn't have to be that sick. I love you, oh so much. You were fearless, energetic, and crazy enough to love us all as much as we love you.

Rest in peace Bob. We love you.