7 Ways To Survive The Dreaded 'Personality Season'

Amp up your game because winter is here.

532

During a recent talk with a friend about the upcoming winter season, she said it was "personality season." At first, I was super confused as to what she meant by it, but as soon as I thought about it for a few minutes I could not stop laughing. Gone are the days of impressing people with your beach body and tan skin. Say hello to covering every inch of your now pale skin to shield from the freezing temperatures we are headed straight for.

As we enter the season of marshmallow coats, heavy boots, and scarves that could tangle us up, personalities become more and more imporant in the dating world.

1. Have a sense of humor

Instead of relying on your hairstyle use you sense of humor to win people over. Everyone loves a good laugh.

2. Show enthusiasm

People who are enthusiastic about sports, school, animals, a tv show, or just life in general are automatically more attractive.

3. Be nice

Simple, but guess what? People like nice people. What's more enjoyable, talking to someone who is rude and full of themselves, or someone who is nice and listens to you when you talk?

4. Be thoughtful

People want to be cared about. Make it known when you think about and care about someone.

5. Have ambition

Talk about what you want to do with your life. People want to know your hopes and dreams.

6. Listen when other people talk

Everyone wants to feel like what they are saying matters so pay attention when its the other person's turn to talk. Don't just pretend to listen, actually hear what they are saying.

7. Know the difference between confidence and cockiness

Being sure of yourself is sexy, but stay wary of crossing the line over to being full of yourself.

Personality season is among us and its time to amp up your game. Underneath that wool sweater and fuzzy socks lies an amazing person, get out there and show yourself off!