15 Practical Ideas For Your Personal Growth And Transformation

Its Time To Change Yourself While The World Faces A Pandemic

40
Photo by Toni Reed on Unsplash

The world is fighting tooth and nail against a global pandemic, and it may seem like a time to be gloomy and stressful. However, this is the optimal time to utilize well, so you can come out of this pandemic with a gain, not a loss - because this year has given us enough losses.

Here are some great ideas for growing on the personal and professional level.

1. Take an online course

There are millions of courses available online from experts in every field, both paid and free. Use the time you're spending at home to increase your knowledge in the field of your choice.

2. Read more

This may seem like an obvious New Year's resolution type of goal, but it's typical for a reason. Whether you read fiction, memoirs or textbooks - you only have a multitude of benefits from reading to gain.

3. Grow your YouTube channel

Whether you are already a Youtuber or not, it surely couldn't hurt to jumpstart your presence on the platform. You might be surprised to find you have a knack for the craft of creating online videos.

4. Learn how to cook

Cooking is a life skill everyone should master at some point in their adult life. With more and more cooking tutorials being posted online every day, it's never been easier to learn.

5. Meditate

To help achieve calm in these stressful times, meditation is a great habit to get into. Not sure where to start? Skip the apps, YouTube tutorials and how-tos! Do five minutes of quiet time before you begin your day. It can make all the difference in the world.

6. Learn a new language

With the world spending more time online than ever before, we are all more connected. Why not learn a language and better our communication skills?

7. Go offline

It probably feels like you are going from screen to screen - to another screen. Between all the different devices we have accustomed ourselves to, it will definitely be a respite to go offline and put away all those screens. Monopoly or Scrabble, perhaps?

8. Get in shape

If you aren't already a gym rat itching for the day you're allowed back in - this is the perfect time to start your at-home workout and build up towards a fitter, healthier you.

9. Solve mathematical problems

Hear me out: solving puzzling and mathematical problems can help train your brain and boost cognitive skills. You don't need to do anything overly complicated, just enough to stimulate your mind.

10. Spend time with family

In these fast-paced times, people don't stop long enough to spend quality time with their families - at least not as much as they used to. So, you can have a romantic dinner with your significant other or have a game night with your kids - it will surely help you unwind.

11. Spend more time outdoors

When was the last time you went for a walk? Or a picnic? We have all gradually gone further away from nature. Go camping or fishing... or even spend some time at the beach. Your mood will surely improve.

12. Reorganize and revamp

The garage is cluttered with stuff you've forgotten you even owned. Or maybe your home office is not in its optimum condition. Reorganizing these areas of your home will help you make more efficient use of them.

13. Go meatless for a month

OK, so maybe you aren't willing to go completely vegan because you love cheese. A great way to reduce your carbon footprint and improve your health is to go meatless - even for a month. Think of it as a detox, 30 days - one day at a time.

14. Revisit an old hobby or pick up a new one

You might have a particular interest you got too busy to keep up with. Why not get back to it? Hobbies are an important part of our personalities and help us develop our social skills, which can be used in the workplace.

15. Write

Write a journal, novel or even a blog. Writing has many emotional (as well as physiological benefits). And in any case, you might be good at it - and publish your writings.