Perfection Is Something I Will Never Obtain

I can never be perfect, and that's okay.
14

Picture Perfect. That's what I've dreamed of. A picture perfect life, a picture perfect day, a picture perfect moment. But, nothing is ever perfect. Life is messy and chaotic. It's both a beautiful masterpiece and a tragic disaster.

I've always been under this spell, it's like some kind of illusion, that life needs to be perfect. But, as I've grown it has become apparent that sometimes the messiness of life is used for His good. I know it sounds weird. How could someone wish to live a messy life? It's not that I wish to live a life full of pain and troubles, but rather, I've just learned that we can't expect perfection because we aren't perfect people. We sin on the daily and make mistakes often. We can never reach "perfection." But, this isn't something to cry over. Instead, find relief and comfort in God's forgiveness.

You are a child of the one True King. He freely gave his son to die on the cross, to forgive us of these sins. Now that doesn't mean his forgiveness makes life perfect, but instead, His forgiveness offers us an opportunity to share His love and affection with others. So you see, being perfect is not something to strive for. But rather, find your perfection in Gods endless love and grace.

More often than not, we try to find perfection in the achievements of this world. But, this world is not eternal. The accomplishment of being labeled "perfect" won't be of any worth to you or to God when you enter His heavenly kingdom. So, stop trying to find perfection. Stop dreaming of a "picture perfect" life. Understand that life is messy and chaotic. Accept it and find your definition of "perfection" in Gods love and beautiful grace.