Finding the Perfect Décor For Your Home

Finding the Perfect Décor For Your Home

Add beauty without breaking the bank!

11

Summer is moving season – as much as 50% of the nation's moves happen in only three months. Whether you are moving into a new home, prepping your current one for sale, or simply trying to make things more beautiful where you live, décor is probably on your mind.

How do you go about making a home look nice – without breaking the bank? Here are some great tips.

Get the Right Lighting

Light makes a huge difference in any space. Make sure you have what you need throughout your home!

Task lighting in the kitchen can make cooking safer and easier. Desk lamps in the office help you focus without casting a shadow over your work. And beautiful chandeliers can make your dining room a place people love to be.

Also, make sure the bulbs you use are efficient and bright enough for the area. LED bulbs are the way to go!

Use Beautiful Fabrics

Fabric can bring color into your home in a variety of ways.

Of course, the color and pattern of your drapes and furniture is a big part of your décor. However, have you thought about how to use fabric on the wall?

If you can't paint, consider hanging a large piece of colored or patterned fabric up instead. There are tons of fun options, and you can remove – or move – it anytime you want!

Also, think about framing pieces of fabric and placing them as artwork around your home. It's a great economical way to enhance your home.

Make Your Space Comfortable

You want your home to be a place you enjoy – or that future buyers can see themselves enjoying. As a result, it's important to make your place comfortable.

For many people, this means nice furniture and plenty of seating. However, make sure your pieces aren't too soft. You don't want to feel like you can't get up, and a bit of support is good for your back.

You also want to keep things spacious. If your home is smaller, this may be challenging. Avoid clutter, use your furniture to divide space if needed, and keep things clean.

When you're comfortable in your home, you'll love being there – and everything will look better!

Make Your Home Your Own

Putting your own stamp on your home is one of the great privileges we have. We want it to be well-lit, beautiful, and comfortable.

Of course, if you are selling your home, keep things more neutral. But you can look forward to putting your own unique stamp on your next house!

How do you bring light, beauty, and comfort into your home? Share in the comments!