To The People Who Stayed, Thank You

To The People Who Stayed By My Side When I Was Down, Thank You

People come and people go; but to those who stayed I could never thank you enough.

884

Thank you for hearing me out and wanting to stay.

To those of you who have not heard me out yet; thank you for waiting till I am ready to talk.

Most of all, thank you for wanting to stay.

It has been an emotional few months and I have lost a lot of people in my life and I can honestly say that I do not blame them for leaving. I have pushed a lot of people away and when I was going through my situation I honestly did not think that anyone would want to be part of my life. I knew my family would still be a part of my life but that is only because they are my family. I have been very closed off and some people have reached out to me letting me know that they are here if I ever needed someone to talk to. Of course, I would reply back being kind and appreciative but in the back of my mind, I wonder if they truly care for me or if they just wanted something to gossip about. Now, I am not saying that everyone who asks how you are doing just wants something to gossip about. But, I have recently learned that the people who truly care for you will stay through the good, the bad, and the damn ugly. People who are willing to accept you and your flaws (no matter how bad they are) are people that you want in your corner.

So, to all the people that are part of my past; thank you.
Thank you for wanting to be part of my future and wanting to see me grow. Thank you for giving me the support I needed to pick myself up from the ground and get back on my feet. Thank you for believing in me and for having faith that I could be a different person. Thank you for checking up on me and genuinely wondering if I was okay and not just wanting another piece of gossip. Knowing that you cared for me then and still care for me now makes me cry every single time and when I say cry I mean my ugly cry that no one should be witnessing.

To the new people that know about my past and still wants to be part of my future; thank you.
Thank you for still wanting to be part of my life even though we just met. Knowing that you still want to grow with me even though we've only known each other for a short period of time means so much to me. It makes me realize that I am worthy of the good things in life. I am worthy of good people in my life even if I am changing day-by-day.

To all the people who stayed; I can't thank you enough right now but I hope that one day I will be able to repay you. Not just for staying when I felt like I had no one but for everything.