What if we all got along?A simple concept gets torn when it involves illegals.

What I learned from reading Facebook comments at five am. 

50
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_HJLQ3rZGM.jpeg

The world we live in today...

It’s super early morning and I’m laying in bed scrolling through my Facebook like a normal person does when they wake up. I come across a news report of Chicago issuing ID cards to assists ilegal aliens to have some sort of identification. I accidentally clicked on the comments. Let me emphasize how much of an accident that was because I cannot express enough how nauseous I got after reading those comments. 

People are horrible. 

People are also horribly uneducated as well.

We have so many different kind of rants on there, that at some point one might even question if maybe these people are just joking and trying to get attention 

First off, there are the people who say to do it legally. 

Honey, if it was that easy do u think there would be that many illegals? Of course not. The process of becoming “legal” in the United States is one of the hardest things that could be done. You need sponsorships, you need to have a job which sometimes is hard to get due to the EVerify that takes place almost everywhere. The process also involves having to return to your country some times, and what makes that extra hard is the fact that well you usually get over there and you have nothing. So once again you are left not being able to survive. How can a person be so rude that they would prefer a person starve, be out on the streets, and even potentially die in a country that they never knew, all because they think one person will make a difference. If that person goes then they will all go. But let’s be real, it’s highly unlikely you would be able to get EVERY SINGLE ilegal alien out. That’s just the action Of removing everyone, no one ever thinks about the cost because it’s not free either. 

Second point, which makes me laugh, apparently all ilegal immigrants are freeloaders. How? How can someone freeload off of the government without a social security number? You need it to apply for welfare! Don’t have it? You will not get it. How can someone freeload if they have to put food on the table? How can someone freeload if they still pay taxes? Yes! Ilegal immigrants pay taxes! Shocking. I know. But that’s what an ITIN number at some point or another was started for. It may have several uses now, but the gist of it is that they do pay taxes! Also illegals are i guess using all of the taxpayers money to live off of welfare/food stamps? Well the funny thing about that is that when you think of an ilegal what do you picture? A Mexican, right? Well in the state of Illinois, of the people who are on welfare and receiving government assistance more than half of them are white. Yes, you heard it right, they are not African American, they are not Mexican, they are nothing other than the white people who claim to have their money stolen by the Mexicans who freeload.

AND THAT BRINGS ME TO MY THIRD POINT.

MY FAVORITE POINT.

JUST BECAUSE IM BROWN DOES NOT MEAN IM ILEGAL!!!

I live in a pretty small republican town and I genuinely feel that whenever a cop sees me on the street, or in my car, or at Dunkin Donuts they want to take me into questioning along with my family just to make sure that we are legal. Let me tell you something, I’m a human, and I have feelings, and that really freaking hurts. How can u take one look at me and decide that I’m a bad person? I mean you don’t know me or anything, but chances are if you’re sick, have been sick, or will be sick, you will be treated by me at the local hospital where I work happily in the ICU. There is such an uproar with Racial profiling that it makes it scary to even go outside some days, because simply you don’t know what someone could do to you or say to you. But hey, in case someone isn’t aware of it, illegals don’t just come from Mexico. They come from all over the world, just to find a place to call home. Isn’t the world big enough for all of us? 

Quick Side story...it was Black Friday and I was at Menards, i go up to my mom and I show her some boots, and I say, “Hey, these are cute,right?” And this lady comes and shoves me into the isle and yells “THIS IS AMERICA LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH” and I was just shook. There is no better way to describe my feelings. Shook. For starters, so what if I was speaking Spanish, French, Chinese, or German? I’m the one who was smart enough to learn more than one language. I value the fact that I can understand three languages and join in on the fun. Second off, I WAS SPEAKING ENGLISH! Maybe she was having a bad day, but geez, don’t tell me to learn to speak English if you don’t even have it down. At least I’m Mexican, what’s your excuse? 

ANYWAY 

Back to the article I was talking about

The thing that made me angry, was the people who were complaining about how ilegal immigrants take their jobs. Honey, please by all means, go take their jobs. Go work in a factory for way below minimum wage, go wash dishes, go mow lawns, go be a maid. People do what they can and what they must to survive. Why is that so hard to understand for some people. I’m the only Mexican in my community and let me tell you, I’m 99.9 percent sure that if I asked my neighbors if they would want to work at any of the above listed jobs they would all laugh at me. The next thing is that they say to help a homeless person who is LEGAL instead of helping the illegals who are just here committing crimes. Well the funny thing about that is that a homeless person would probably rather be homeless and drunk or drugged up, than to try and clean up their act and get a place to live. It’s not that easy, I get it, but like I mentioned earlier, I work in healthcare and let me tell you we have plenty of homeless people who would rather leave and go back to being homeless, shoot up on heroine, and then come back in two days, than to rehabilitate and try and get help. (Which is offered at no cost at a hospital!) 

I guess to each their own, but I just think people nowadays are terrible. They don’t live by the golden rule, and they just don’t understand that not everyone can be as privileged. 

My closing thought...

What people failed to mention in all of that hate, was that one of the primary functions of this ID card is to be able to get discounts on museums and attractions (for city residents) and it’s also to be used as a library card. 

Look out world, the illegals are gonna check out a book 

-V