People Should Protest if they Oppose Trump's Actions

People Who Oppose Trump's Actions Should Protest

They must make their voices heard.

98

United States President Donald Trump has made many controversial decisions as of late, although this can be said about his entire presidency. His administration's decision to keep illegal immigrants in cages and separated from their families is just the latest in a string of shakeups. Scores of Americans and foreigners have been outraged by this action, and these people should publicly protest if they feel strongly about this issue.

I have been making my voice heard on social media, attempting to convince my friends that this is something that Americans cannot stand for. I am using the platforms that are available to me to voice my displeasure to as many people as possible. I believe that anyone who feels the same way about this issue should do the same and that they should do this if they are upset with any political decision that impacts a large group of people, or even a small issue that may fly under the radar for some.

I have been joined by many of my friends who oppose the decision to keep illegal immigrants in cages without the care of their families. Our protests may not be having a sufficient effect yet, but more and more people are making their voices heard and the Trump administration may eventually reverse their actions if enough people protest them.

So what about this administration's handling of illegal immigration is so horrible? Pretty much everything. First of all, Trump has stated that they are keeping illegal immigrant children in CAGES. This is not a way to treat anyone, even those who cross the border illegally, and I will get to that part shortly.

Secondly, these people are being separated from their families. If a government is going to keep people imprisoned, they should at least have some form of connection with those close to them, especially if they are children. If I was crossing the border to seek refuge in another country with my family, I would not want to be detained by myself.

Now, the fact that these people are illegal immigrants has sparked division among Americans about what to do with them. The fact of the matter is that not all of them are coming into the United States illegally; quite a few of them are asylum seekers.

Asylum seekers can legally seek employment in another country, yet they are still being treated like illegal immigrants. Also, some believe that these people should be persecuted like this simply because they are classified as "illegal" immigrants. What these people do not realize is that some of them have nowhere to go because they are poor as a result of unforeseen circumstances and/or are escaping tyranny from their respective countries. The United States just happens to be the "Land of the Free" so they should not just turn a blind eye to anyone.

With clear reasoning provided, people who oppose the actions of President Trump's administration should take it upon themselves to protest publicly and work to make a difference.