actions speak louder than words

actions speak louder than words

only your perspective matters.

77
actions speak louder than words
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_Syuytzcwz.jpeg

“I sincerely hope that they ( relations between India and Pakistan) will be friendly and cordial. We have a great deal to do and think that we can be of use to each other and the world.” said the great leader Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Although, he was born in Pakistan he wanted to make a difference in the lives of Indians and Pakistanis. He wanted their relations to be strong. I personally feel like its important to dig deep into history and learn it. Culture is meant to be valued and I feel change is essential. Changes need to be made in today’s generation. 

I’m going to tell you about something that took place today. Lately my friend and I have been wanting to do so much at university. We decided to join the Pakistani society. She’s Pakistani and I am Indian. I know what’s on your mind right now, readers. You must be thinking if I am Indian why didn’t I join the Indian society. The only reason why I wanted to join the Pakistani society is because I wanted to make a difference in the mindset of people. I wanted others to know that its okay to step out of your comfort zone and engage yourself in something completely different. I feel its important to know about other cultures. Just because I am Indian that shouldn’t restrict me from joining other societies. In fact, I believe that its a whole new journey of culture. Its a whole new experience. That doesn’t make me any less Indian than I already am that just makes me multicultural. I do love India. I do love Indians and I also love every single thing about my culture but I also value Pakistan and love every single Pakistani out there. 

As I entered, I saw various people. All of them were Pakistani. They all welcomed me with love and respect. They asked us for our names and my friend said, “she’s Indian”. Not once did they judge me or look at me in a different way. In fact they made me feel so comfortable. There was a little accent problem because I am from India and I have lived there all my life so my accent is different due to my schooling and upbringing whereas they are born and brought up in England so they have a British accent. Instead of making me feel left out they made sure I feel wanted. They involved me in various activates and kept saying, “i love your accent man”. Instead of making me feel like i’m not Pakistani they made me feel like I am one of them. 

I am going to tell you what happened later that day. There’s this boy. He’s Pakistani as well and he’s from England. We used to be great friends but that didn’t really workout for us and eventually we stopped talking. We have cut each other off from all social media but we go to the same university and he is a part of the Paksoc as well. I was not too keen in joining the Paksoc at first and the only reason was because I did not want to be around him and I did not want him to feel like I am purposely joining something that is related to him. I did not want to have any connections or contact with this boy, whatsoever and the only reason is because I don’t want a life filled with toxicity and negativity. But then I thought to myself. I have come all the way from India, from a place filled with only culture to a place, England where there hardly is any culture. I am a type of person who loves taking up challenges. I may or may not succeed but that will never stop me from doing what I want to do. I had decided from day one that when I move abroad I am not going to limit myself from anything. I am going to make the most out of my time here because I have limited time.

When he found out that I joined the Paksoc he said things like, “why is she even here” “she’s toxic”. What he said never hurt me what mattered was his mindset. The way people see things is awful. The fact that he said, “why is she even here” is sickening. I found his racism absolutely disgusting. 

The purpose of me typing this article is because I need people to become more multicultural and be open towards things in life. The way he reacted to my self-evolvement was not right. I get the fact that we’re not friends anymore. He could be rude about all of that but he has no right to judge me and say things like why is she here. Its my wish if I want to do something for myself. 

All I want to say is spread love and positivity where ever you go. Never let someones reactions bring you down. This is your life, do what you have to do. 

What is race? How does it matter? And what is war? Bullets can’t bring peace. Love, understanding and compromises bring peace. It doesn’t matter if someones asian, black or white. We’re all human beings. Racism needs to come to a stop. We’re in 2018 now and things need to change. People need to change. Their mindsets need to change. They need to change their ways and behaviour towards people. We need to make this world a friendly place because there are such awful people in this world. Its important to spread love and peace, where you can, when you can. 

My friend and I love these societies so much that she decided to join the Indian society with me. And I love the fact that she's so noble and does so much for people. And I am sure when she steps into that room every single Indian is going to welcome her with love and respect. The other day one of the boy from the Paksoc asked us if we want to handle the events of the Paksoc and we looked at each other and said, “YES” and thats simply because we absolutely love what we do. 

In a few months we could be handling the entire society. Who knows? and if I was scared or if I did not have the courage to step out of my comfort zone I wouldn't have met such wonderful people. 

I’m glad I didn’t let my fear or my conflicts come in the way of my success and happiness. I am extremely proud of my growth and all I want to say is race, colour, or creed doesn't matter to me. Your actions define your character, not your colour or creed. Our race isn’t holier than the other. It’s all about the choices and our actions. Act like a thug and you will be treated as such. Act in a threatening manner and violent measures will be taken against you. If you act respectable you will be treated with respect. 

It’s sad that black people get labelled as thugs. It really is, because I know some great black people that aren't like that. They don't deserve to have that stereotype on them. This just shows how broken the black family is, because those people I know come from great families. Even when it comes to the differences between Indians and Pakistanis its sad because every single human being has come from God. We’re all one. And my friendship with my Pakistani friend proves it. Our friendship is like a blessing to me. She’s so precious to me. I have learnt so much from her just by being around her for while. I have learnt about a whole new culture. I have seen things that I have never heard about and I think thats the most beautiful thing ever. She has made such a big impact in my life and I thank her for all the love and support. I love you endlessly, M. 

As I said in the beginning race, colour, and creed does not matter to me. All that matters are your actions. Your actions define your character. You commit crimes and you will be prosecuted no matter what colour white, black, pink, green, blue. It doesn’t matter. Clean yourself up. Be the BEST person you can be. Nothing is holding you back, its just your little dirty perception that is holding you back. 

Spread love and happiness wherever you go. Be humble. You never know what the other person is going through.