Over the many college lectures that I've attended in the last year, I've picked up on seven different types of students that I see in every one of my classes. Honestly, I hate to admit it but I've been at least one of these people during my college career. Hopefully, this list makes you laugh and teaches you what NOT to do during lecture!

1. The Over-Achiever 

This student has their entire life together. They have their laptop open to the lecture slides and they are taking additional, organized notes in their notebook. They've done all of the class readings beforehand and they have come prepared with questions to ask the professor after the lecture. We all wish we could be this person.

2. The Pretentious Know-It-All

This person will go to EXTRAORDINARY lengths to show everyone how smart they are. They sit at the very front of the lecture hall and constantly raise their hand to correct the professor on any issue that comes up. Rather than coming off as knowledgeable, this person just looks like a jerk. This sure won't get you in the good graces of the professor. Please, don't be like this.

3. The Gabber aka the person that LITERALLY won't shut up

hips.hearstapps.com

This is the person that sits behind you and talks to their friends THE ENTIRE CLASS. Instead of learning about chemistry, you've now been educated on the juicy drama between "Gabby" from Delta Sigma Delta and "Chad" from Sigma Apple Pie.

4. The Slacker 

i.redd.it

This is the student that rolls up to class half an hour late and sits in the very back. Then they proceed to ask you, "Uhhhhh, what class is this again??" and "Can I borrow some paper and a pencil?"

5. The Interrupter 

assets.rbl.ms

The interrupter is always in a rush. First, they show up late to every class. Then, rather than taking an open seat in the back or on the end of a row, they interrupt everyone else by walking over them to a seat smack dab in the middle of the classroom. As they bulldoze their way to the middle, they are hitting people in the head with their backpack and dropping their Hydroflask, making an even BIGGER disruption.

6. The Sleeper

Not gonna lie, I've been this person more than once. The sleeper was probably up late last night and needs just a quick power nap… which then turns into an entire class time of zzzzzzs. If you're gonna nap, please sit in the back. Oh, and for the love of God, DON'T SNORE.

7. The Eater

Instead of bringing just a couple of light snacks to lecture, this person brings A WHOLE THANKSGIVING MEAL. I do not want to smell your day-old Chipotle while I'm learning about chemical bonds, please.

As you can see, there are many different characters in college lecture halls. But what can I say? It makes every day interesting! Are you any of these people??