To The People Who Brought Me Down

To The People Who Brought Me Down

Guess what? You lost.
37

Dear readers,

Did you ever get bullied in middle school? I did, but this was so long ago that I basically suppressed the memories. Sometimes my mind wanders and I get reminded of how this felt through old memories.

In the ending of my middle school years, I was made fun of for things I do not want to mention. But the feeling of never being good, pretty, or even stylish enough was something that existed before big social media. I was talked about, pointed at, teased, and even cyber bullied for a short but painful time. This is not something anyone should ever feel this is not something anyone should be ever going through. But guess what? I am proud I overcame those hard times. This is not a letter about what happened this is a letter discussing what I went though, this is a letter explaining how my life is now because of what I was put through.

While being put down, I built myself up. I made friends with the right people and I changed my wardrobe. I fell into a few bandwagons like getting the iPhone 4 and wearing leggings for pants (which everyone and I still do). I didn’t let negative words give power to me anymore. I might not love myself completely but I love myself now more than ever.

I am thankful for all the people in my life, you have shaped an insecure girl into someone who will do nothing but love all of you back unconditionally. You have shaped and are still shaping me into the woman I have always wanted to become. The days of sadness still linger in my mind, but your strong words never fail me. I am also thankful for the people who do not participate in my life anymore, maybe we have grown apart or maybe we just do not talk anymore but are on social media. Whatever the case is I thank you too. You have shaped that small part of my life and without meeting you I would not be as strong and have met the people in my life right now without the help of you.

Being bullied opened a new light up for me in my mind. I became cautious of others feelings and I have grown empathy as well. I can look at someone who is probably insecure and say “I have been through this before as well” I can help others with my kind words because I know that was not always given to me.

I want to thank my bullies for making me stronger, the people in my life that wanted nothing other than to bring me down just made me stronger. I walked into school every day with fear of what they would say, but I walked out with something that I had and they didn’t, strength. What I went through then was just the stepping stones of the strength and happiness that developed later in my life.

I can happily say that I have stood up for myself and that I have developed my own standards for other people that if they can’t meet maybe that just means they aren’t worth it. It is not great to have big standards for people but having basic standards like RESPECT for other people is something that you should have, unless you want to be walked all over. If someone can talk about you negatively or make fun of you to your face, why be so kind? Defending yourself is what we are born to do, just something not many can do.

Everyone, if someone is bullying you or bringing you down, they aren’t worth your breath. I am here to tell you this; you are worth it, you can get through this and those people are not worth it. Life is so beautiful and so fulfilling, this time in your life is only temporary because once you are doing your own thing either in college or anything else your heart desires you will find your happiness. Enjoy the moments you think you won’t enjoy, those are usually the most memorable. Be kind to everyone around you, you do not know what they are dealing with.

Sincerely,

The girl who is much stronger