A Call for Action: Making the World a Better Place

In the past, I've been hurt and hated on by others. To be completely honest, I'm sensitive and I feel a lot of emotions all the time. For the longest time I didn't know how to handle bullies, I didn't understand why I recieved such hatred and backlash, and I just shut down. Even in the recent past I still didn't know what to do about it. I felt ashamed, disgusted with myself, and at one point, I questioned why I was living.

The world is full of hate; in the form of words, actions, and all over social media. Why are we hating so much on people? When will we reach the goal of world peace and pure love? In all honesty, I don't think we'll reach it completely, but I'm hopeful that we can get close to it. If people spread love across social media, the internet, and through their words and actions, we could live in a world that's more peaceful and kind.

I believe that my experiences are what have helped shape me into the person I'm growing into today, and I can't wait to see what I can do with my words and actions to create a more positive world. Recent events of hate in my personal life have made me realize that I can be the better person, and I can turn a negative into a positive.

If just one person tries to impact society in a positive way, friends and family will begin to follow, and eventually almost all of us will be promoting a more peaceful and loving existence. Actions speak louder than words, but I believe that by writing powerful, influencing words, actions begin to follow.

By taking action now, we as a culture, we as decent human beings, and we as a community can reduce bullying, depression, suicide, and violence. We can make a difference that will affect our lives for the greater good, and help both current and future generations continue to make the world a better place.

We all have experienced some type of hate, bullying, sadness, depression, and shame. But now's our time to stop it so that our kids, our friends, and our families don't have to experience what we've went through. The time is now to help those who endure the pain of hurtful words and actions, and to just be kind to one another.

My name is Makenzie, and I choose to stop the hate and continue to improve my philosophies and myself as a whole. I choose the positive over the negative. I choose to be the better person and to be respectful of other's opinions. I choose to live.

What do you choose?