patience is a virtue

I Finally Accepted That Patience Is A Virtue

Often times, I mistake God's timing as his absence, although his presence is constant.

322
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

I'm impatient. If I set my mind on something, I expect it to happen on my own terms. I don't like to wait on people, I don't like to adjust my schedule, and I definitely don't like waiting for "the better door to open".

. . .and that fatal flaw of mine has caused me so much hurt.

I don't always understand why things don't go the way they're "supposed to" at times. I don't get why sudden barriers pop-up, and I don't get why people randomly change their mind.

In the glimpse of all these things that went unplanned, I missed out on so much. I was too focused on what was going wrong, that I failed to see what was going right. I was too impatient waiting on specific people, that I failed to see those right by my side.

I applied to be a hostess at a nice restaurant and never heard back. . . but then I received an internship offer to work in a field I hope to someday go into. I thought I'd never receive the apology I have wanted to hear for so long. . . then two years later it finally came to me.

That's when I learned that patience is a virtue.

Often times, I mistake God's timing as his absence, although his presence is constant. I get upset, I question His reasonings and wonder when things will finally go my way. However, even though I often don't see the reasonings at the moment, I always look back and think to myself, "that worked out perfectly".

Being patient is challenging. It's not easy. It's not fun. It won't always make sense, and we won't always like the wait, but it'll always be worth it.

So as many times as you have to shut a door behind you, I promise you that a better one will be in view. When God makes you wait, remember that it is only His way of giving you something even better than you had in mind.