Finding patience and peace in the Lord.

Finding patience and peace in the Lord.

"Just wait."

15
me

Patience: it's something that I definitely don't have. I hate waiting, and I hate not knowing what's coming next. I mean, don't we all? Don't we all want to have control of what happens next? Don't we all wish that we could place ourselves into certain situations with certain people?

I have the hardest time letting go of that control. I have the hardest time knowing that I have no control of what comes next. And yeah, I know that I can't make things happen, but I think the hardest part for me is letting go of that control and giving it to someone else. You mean to tell me that someone else knows what's going to happen next, yet I have no idea? Someone else is quietly orchestrating everything in my life to happen a certain way? That's absolutely terrifying.

If you are even remotely familiar with Christianity, you've probably heard of Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." The Lord knows our future, and He only wants good for you. Yet no matter how many times I'm reminded of this, I still feel unable to trust Him... but why? Why is it so hard to give up the control I desire?

I think the biggest obstacle for me is trusting that His plan is better than mine ever could be. I know in my heart that He is SO good and has wonderful plans for me. However, actually believing that with my whole being is really hard. Believing in someone who is bigger and better than I can comprehend/see seems almost impossible.

Also, I tend to get so caught up in what my future holds that I forget where I am. The Lord placed me in the situation I'm currently in as a part of His bigger plan, but I get so distracted by what's next that I completely miss out on what He's trying to do for me.

So how do I fix this?? I think the most important thing is to remind myself who He is. By spending more time with Him, we get to know Him better. We get to experience/feel how much He really does love us. And how could we not trust someone who loves us more than anything? How could we not give up the control of our lives to someone who sees us as perfect and wants the best for us?

So, instead of worrying about when the perfect boy will come along or when that job offer will finally end in your lap, rest in Him. He's planning some great things for you, and no matter how hard it is to actually trust Him, He'll always prove that He is truly good. Be present in the situation He currently has you in, because I promise it's all part of the plan.

Go to Him daily to be reminded of His goodness and love for you. He is quietly whispering "just wait," but if you're not listening, you're gonna miss it.