19 Things My Parents Taught Me In My 19 years

My parents made me the person I am.

I am thankful to say that I have the world’s greatest parents. Not only do they support me in all of my crazy endeavors, but they were the absolute best role models I could have ever asked for. I do not know how I can ever thank them for all that they have given to me, but I will spend my entire life trying. So to the most amazing, inspiring, beautiful people in the entire world, without you, I would be nothing.

1. Be confident

You are awesome, you're doing great, be proud of that.

2. Don't take no for an answer

When it seems like the world is all telling you no, stand up and scream "Yes" into their faces.

3. Smile

Everyone is so much more approachable with a smile. The world is an amazing place, smile about it.

4. Be silly

You need to live life to the fullest and sometimes that means getting silly.

5. Believe in your self

You are literally doing so amazing, believe and understand that you killing it.

6. You are enough

Even when the world keeps telling me that you need to do more, you don't, work as hard as you can and it's enough.

7. You are worth fighting for

In those moments when it seems like everything you do is wrong and the world is crashing down, I look to my parents and they let me know "You are worth fighting for"

8. Don’t let anyone bring you down

Haters gonna hate.

9. Be the change you want to see

The world will not change unless you make a change.

10. Work hard

The only thing holding you back from your dreams is how hard you are willing to work for it.

11. Dream big

Shatter the ceilings that contain you.

12. Be positive

Dad, you are the most positive person I have ever met and I strive to be like you every single day.

13. Don’t let toxic people into your life

Toxic people bring nothing into your life so there is no reason to keep them in it.

14. Let your freak flag fly

Be yourself and be weird. It's okay.

15. You are wanted

When it seems like everyone is against me, I can always turn to my parents. I am wanted.

16. You are special

In a world where everyone is special, you are the most special.

17. Only you can be you

Do not try to be anyone besides yourself.

18. Love with all your heart

Don't be afraid to give love to the things you love most in this world

19. Somebody loves you

It's these people!!