To My Parents, Now That I Am Adult

To My Parents, Now That I Am Adult

I just wanted to show how much I appreciate you.
748

Mom and Dad,

I just wanted to start off by saying Thank You, for everything.

I know I probably wasn't the easiest child to deal with due to all my medical problems and what not, but you did. Thank you for taking care of me all those years of my life, both the good and bad times. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made to make my sister and I happy.

As I've become older, I realize all the thing you both did for me that I took for granted. Everything that you did for me, I have started to have to do for myself. I want to thank you for preparing me for that.

Thank you for being the perfect amount of strict and lax, and for not being overbearing, for teaching me that if I have a problem I need to try and solve it myself before coming to you.

Thank you for showing me how to be independent, but at the same time making sure I know what is expected of me.

Mom, I've only begun to appreciate everything you do for me and have done for me. I've realized that even as a young adult I still sometimes need my mother. I have come to realize that even though it may not seem like it, at times, you always have my best interest at heart.

I am truly thankful to have you as a role model in my life. Mom, As I've become older, I have realized the old saying is true, there is nothing like a mothers love (even from over 1,000 miles away).

Dad, I think the thing I will remember most are the father-daughter lunch dates we would go on after doctors appointments. Growing up, you taught me that a fathers love means everything.

You were the first man in my life to love me and while you won't be the last, you are special. You were the one to show me how a man should love a treat me and for that, I am so grateful.

I know I was never a perfect child ( and I'm still not), but I am a lucky one to have you as parents and can only hope that I will do as good as a job raising my children as you have done raising me.

I know I don't always show it or even say it but I love you guys. Words will never be enough to describe how much I appreciate you both.

With Love,

Your Oldest Daughter