Parental Contribution in Child's Education

non article

20

It is said that the first education of the child starts at home and parents are the first teachers of the child but is it really practical and as much acceptable as it seems? Because even in the matter of preschool education parents prefer for school instead of imparting their presence and influence in it.Due to hectic schedules and exhaustion parents, are trying to escape giving their time to teach their own child because it takes great patience and creativity to teach kids.

Many psychologists and scholars have proved in their research and theories that the bond of kids with their parents helps them to learn anything faster than they learn in schools. It is observed often that those kids get higher marks and growth whose parents teach and guide them at home as compared to the kids who are dependent on school teaching. This happens due to several such reasons which are not given so much concern but are very important points such as:

• In school, kids are in such a huge number that even for a very good teacher it is nearly impossible to keep a keen eye on each student's growth.
  • In such a crowd, kids are unable to express their views and talk about how they feel and or about their emotional corners which they can easily express among their parents and learn happily as they want.
  • Many times children face some difficulties while learning such as lack of vocab or unable to understand any topic at once but unable to ask in school, whereas at home they can easily communicate to their parents while learning and parents as they are close to the kids can give solution to their problems easily too.
  • When parents teach children at home children feel very comfortable due to their biological and emotional bond with parents and they enjoy this teaching session as they get the freedom to ask anything they want to ask.

Due to the growth in the education system, these days teaching methods have developed as well and even at home while teaching kids parents also try to impart some creative teaching techniques and activities so that their kids can learn faster, in a better way and their kids should not go through mental stress.

Such as during the pandemic time of COVID-19, kids were locked at home, they were not allowed to go outside, they were not even allowed to play with their friends. At that time online teaching became a boon for them. Kids were able to study and learn at home without having gone through the hectic and stressful methodology of school time. Kids use to enjoy playing with as well learning in online teaching. Here, parents were also able to monitor how the teachers teach kids and parents were able to take care of the diet of their kids as well. It was a two-way beneficial thing for the parents and teachers too. Teachers don't have to call parents for teacher's parents meeting to discuss the growth of kids and vice versa both can give their contribution in the teaching of kids and can monitor as well.

Here not only do teachers get a chance to teach online in an innovative way but also parents got a chance to learn about such new methods to teach their kids whenever they are away from their kids and they are worried about their kids' homework etc. Nowadays parents also are able to teach online and guide their kids to complete their daily homework and assignments.

Sometimes it is not easy to teach kids at home because their bond with your kids makes them stubborn enough not to obey your instructions as parents. They are as parents you need to calm down and try to understand why the kid has got irritated from studies and make your efforts to remover such hindrances between kids and their studies. Parents need to understand that as teachers they need to put their all-intellectual knowledge and for your experiences to make kids learn as much lovingly as possible.

Parents need to include new and innovative activities of teaching rather than old and boring methods, such as they can teach alphabets and word-making with the help of pictorial charts and funny images.

In this way, parents build a great bond and teach their child with a feeling of satisfaction too.