10 V-Day Date Ideas: Pandemic Edition

10 V-Day Date Ideas: Pandemic Edition

Like it or not, we're still in the midst of COVID-19, but that doesn't mean you can't have a lovely Valentine's Day!

72
10 V-Day Date Ideas: Pandemic Edition
Personal photo

Ahh, I remember last Valentine's Day. One of my last great memories of pre-pandemic life. My boyfriend and I went to a nearby street taco restaurant, and capped the night off with a trip to the movie theater to see "The Photograph". It was incredibly romantic and fun, but if there's one thing I've learned through quarantine, it's that you don't need to go out to have fun. For many, it's still not feasible to go out and dine at a public restaurant. This Valentine's Day may look a little different for you and your partner, but with these date ideas, you don't have to expose yourself to a deadly virus to enjoy each other. Ugh, 2021 is looking like it's unfortunately going to be truly identical to 2020.

1. Movie Night w/ Takeout

modern family movie night GIFGiphy

These are some of my favorite date nights, for they're so relaxing, and cuddles are a guarantee. Plus, it's a perfect opportunity to support a local business through ordering food! If it was up to me, the night would be stock-full of romantic comedies. I know Hallmark always has an array of V-Day movies to choose from!

2. Game Night

Season 3 Win GIF by Paramount+Giphy

If you and your partner are into video games, have a video game marathon together. If you're old-fashioned like me, and you adore card and board games, pick out your favorites and challenge your partner to some friendly competition. I love pairing a good game of Monopoly with a glass (or two, or three,) of wine.

3. Cooking Date

cooking together pascale hutton GIF by Hallmark ChannelGiphy

Put on a mask and take a trip to your local grocery store to get some ingredients. Whether you're trying the viral TikTok pasta trend, or simple homemade pizza, cooking with your partner can be a ton of fun. While you're at it, bake some cookies or throw together some chocolate-covered strawberries, too! P.S. This activity can certainly be paired some wine as well.

4. 4-Course Takeout Date

all that nicksplat GIFGiphy

I'm going to be completely transparent - I found this idea on TikTok, and I thought it was so creative! It involves first stopping to get a drink, whether it's coffee or boba or whatever you'd like. Next, you get an appetizer, then an entree, and then finally, a dessert! You can switch off choosing where to go, or playing rock-paper-scissors to decide. If it were me, I'd go with Starbucks, Taco Bell, Texas Roadhouse, and finally, Culver's.

5. Hiking Date

Falling Down Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home VideosGiphy

Now, this may not be realistic if you're spending V-Day in a cold climate, but even if it's just for a short while, it's nice to get outside and breathe in some fresh air. A couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend and I spent a chilly January day exploring a mountain near his house in upstate New York. Although it was cold, we warmed up as we hiked, and the snow-clad view from the top was absolutely beautiful!

6. Outdoor Winery/Distillery/Brewery

Wherever you and your partner may be, chances are there's a winery, brewery, or distillery tour nearby. Although many have been shut down or discontinued due to COVID, there are plenty with outdoor tour/tasting options. If you two love to enjoy some drinks together, this is the way to go!

7. Painting Date

artist painting GIFGiphy

Pick up a canvas, a few brushes and some paint, then tune in to a free painting class on YouTube, and you've got yourself a date night. This idea isn't just for the artistically inclined either - sometimes creating a messy masterpiece is just as enjoyable as creating a beautiful one. Alexa, put on "Bob Ross".

8. Couples Spa Day

relaxing homer simpson GIFGiphy

Creating a home spa environment is easier than it sounds. The two of you could engage in some self-care together, doing facemasks, taking a bubble bath, giving each other massages, and anything else your hearts desire. If you've got a keeper, he may even give you a manicure, or a pedicure if you're really lucky.

9. Couples Photoshoot

fierce george costanza GIF by HULUGiphy

All you need for this one is a few props, a cute backdrop, and your phone's self-timer. Pick out some cute outfits or matching pjs, and the result will be a series of adorable photos of you and your Valentine. You could even make a collage or photobook out of the pics to commemorate V Day 2021! Trust me, your Insta game will be stronger than ever.

10. Hulu/Netflix Watch Party

Happy The Simpsons GIFGiphy

If you and your Valentine are physically separated by distance, this is a great opportunity for you two to spend some virtual time together! My boyfriend lives across the country, so we'll be embarking on a watch party date with some takeout from Chili's, our favorite place to eat together. (It's an inside joke.) Both Netflix and Hulu have options for you to watch movies and TV shows synchronously, with a chat box for commentary and conversation for you and your partner. Netflix and Chill may not be as fun without each other in the same room, but hey, it's somethin'!

The bottom line is, as long as you're spending quality time with your partner, you can make a great Valentine's Day in any situation, even one as daunting as a global pandemic. No matter what you decide on, take the day to celebrate and recognize the love you have for each other; we don't seem to do that often enough.