Mistakes students make in packing when move abroad

5 Mistakes Students Make When Packing For Going Abroad

Nationwide Worldwide's moving provides an invaluable guide to packing before international students make a big move overseas

128
https://unsplash.com/photos/5kSP-2tCjCY

Nationwide moving overseas for your studies will probably be the biggest event of your life so far. There's so much to plan for and so much to do. Fortunately, I've been at the student removals business for a number of years (and that I was also once a student in the dim and distant past), so I'd picked up a couple of tips about what to do and what not to do when packing your things before shipping off and embarking on a large adventure overseas.

If you're moving home in pursuit of a university education in another state, check out the following run-down of mistakes to avoid. It might make your packing experience just that little bit easier.

1. Don't miss the bathroom scales

Bathroom, sitting on Unsplash

unsplash.com

It's a must for students to weigh baggage prior to leaving for the airport. Airlines do want to slap concealed luggage charges on you if your suitcases or bags exceed the maximum weight limit. A useful tip which I'm pretty sure all you holidaymakers are acquainted with, is standing on your bathroom scales, measuring your very own weight and following that using someone passes your suitcase to you personally. All you need to do so is deduct your very own weight from the total. Simple!

2. ​Don't forget about prohibited or limited items

Red, background, red wall on Unsplash

unsplash.com

The last thing you need as you begin your travel is for your belongings to take place at safety because you've packed something prohibited or limited. There's plenty of information about it online but the important issue to be careful of is liquids might only be carried in containers carrying 100ml or less with the exception of prescription medication which you'll have to support with documented proof.

3. Don't pack toiletries without enclosing them in a tote

unsplash.com

When there's a possibility of a toiletry dripping, don't just squeeze it down the side of the suitcase among the underwear and socks. It's not only embarrassing for you however it might take place in traditions for investigation if there's visible leakage. Always put these potentially troublesome items in a ziplock or food bag. The same goes for delicate items -- wrap them thoroughly.

4. Don't even leave it until the last minute to test in

Nowhere to go photo by Unsplash

unsplash.com

Seems an obvious one, this, but the fact is if you arrive after everyone else has checked in, you'll considerably increase the chance of your luggage maybe not making the plane. That could be a rather inauspicious start to your life overseas.

5. Don’t forget a change of clothes

unsplash.com

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen to you but in the event that your airline loses your luggage, it's always best to have a change of clothes in your hand luggage.

Shipping need not be a stressful experience for students providing you plan ahead and above all, don't do it all on your own!'

This post is about Best nationwide moving companies, an international shipping company that collects, stores and delivers personal belongings and excess baggage throughout the world.