Packing List For Your Cruise

Packing for a cruise can be a bit intimidating, it's the worst part of traveling in my opinion. 7 days and many different types of activities is a lot to think about when packing that one suitcase and backpack for your cruise. However, you know the cruise queen, i.e. me, is here to give you some tips. Here is a list of everything you need to think about packing for your next cruise...

1. Day Wear

So, you have 7 days, give or take, and included in that is sea days and days in ports. You need to think about what you want to wear around the boat and what you want to wear while you are in the ports of call. This is when you think about shorts, leggings, tanks, tees, comfortable dresses, anything that works for your daily style.

2. Night-Time Wear

At night, the typical activities include dinner, a show, and for me, a trip to the night club. With this in mind, I suggest a cute, yet flexible choice of outfits. I like to have a selection of sundresses, cocktail dresses, and jeans with nice tops. I like to be able to feel cute at dinner but also have something that I can really move in for dancing in the club.

3. PJs

Honestly, this one could be an easier one to look over but is very important. You are going to want both a light pair of pajamas and maybe a slightly warmer pair just in case the room is hot or cold, or you get a bad sunburn and need to adjust accordingly.

4. Swimwear

I personally think you can never bring too many swimsuits. I typically do Caribbean cruises, in which case, I am in a swimsuit pretty much every day. I do black bottoms and then at least 5 tops. This way I always have something different on in pictures and I have a variety for different things such as snorkeling or simply sunbathing. I suggest you give yourself at least a couple of options.

5. Shoes

This one takes a little less thinking. One pair of flip-flops, a nice pair to wear to dinner with cute outfits, and tennis shoes. Another thing to think about is if you want/need to bring water shoes for any excursion you are going on.

6. And Those Few Things You May Forget

Now, this is all super important but doesn't necessarily need a full explanation. So make sure you don't forget: A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a jacket, undergarments, socks, drawstring bag/backpack, hygiene products, and hair products. Honestly, there is so much you could pack for a trip like this, but this is a pretty straight forward and fool-proof list. However, you will undoubtedly forget something, I always do.