parents with kids

10 Things You Know To Be True If You Have An Overbearing Parent Who Still Treats You Like You're 9

I'm actually 20 but to my parents I'll always be a kid in their eyes

5716
Kaylee Smith

All parents want their kids to be safe and happy, overbearing parents tend to take it to the extreme, though.

1. Your phone's location is shared with them

If your location shows you're somewhere that you didn't specify that you were going to, expect a phone call.

2. Having to know every detail about your day before you go out

I don't even know the complete plans for my day, how am I supposed to tell you?

3. Giving them your friends' phone numbers

Their contacts are filled with your friends' numbers more than their own.

4. Always having a charger on you

Having a dead phone is not an excuse for not answering your phone.

5. They come into your room if you sleep in late to make sure you're still breathing

No, I'm not dead, sometimes I just sleep well into the afternoon.

6. A missed call from them is a death sentence

Yet, your mom barley ever answers her phone.

7. They visit you at work to "check in"

Whether it's to ask if you need anything, or to make sure you're actually there, you can expect them to pop in.

8. They judge other parents

"Emily's parents let her do that?"

9. They're your personal calendar

Even if you remember your schedule, they'll remind you as if you don't.

10. It's hard to stay mad at them

Day to day it's easy to be mad at them, but in the long run, you know they just care.

Having overbearing parents can be a burden, but you wouldn't trade it for the world.