Our World Needs A Hug

Our World Needs A Hug

Attacks in Kenya, Paris, and Lebanon have left us completely in shock.

30
Our World Needs A Hug
https://mimiiphotography.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/mimeyyy-094.jpg

When I saw that Paris was trending worldwide on Facebook, I immediately looked to see what was happening. When I clicked on the link that directed me to the main trending page I instantly felt nausea and anger seep through me. I was sure that it was a big mistake and that like in any TV show, the hostages from the Bataclan theater would be OK.

I was terribly wrong and then I saw that more than 100 people had died when terrorists opened fire on them and detonated explosives. I've been so incredibly angry and frustrated ever since, mainly because I can't do much to help anyone there.

I also felt incredibly sad for each and every person that will be discriminated against because terrorists hide behind a religion did this. The fear that many people would blame refugees for this also came to me and I felt incredibly helpless because I know that people will generalize, people need to point the finger at someone, at something and even though everyone knew that this was ISIS, they will still blame others for something that they themselves are trying to escape.

Instead of this senseless crime dividing us, it should unite us. Bigotry will not make this better and people need to understand that.

Paris wasn't the only target yesterday, Lebanon and Kenya were also hit by suicide bombers throughout the day. Lebanon was hit, in its capital of Beirut, by two suicide bombers and the bombing is one of the worst since Lebanon's Civil War in 1990.

The blasts on Thursday evening struck in a busy shopping street. More than 200 people were wounded; many of them seriously, Health Minister Wael Abou Faour said. It appears that the bombings are some sort of retribution because of Hezbollah's support of President Assad in Syria.

In Kenya, 147 are dead after gunmen opened fire at a Kenyan College. This attack however was orchestrated by Al-Shaabab and it took place on Tuesday. The death toll is the highest in a terror attack on Kenyan soil since the U.S. Embassy was bombed in 1998. More than 200 people died in the Nairobi blast.

Let's not forget the daily bombings that are occurring in Syria.

These countries are in mourning. We are all humans and we should treat each other as such. During times like these, there is no social strata, there is simply humanity and its will to survive.

Many people will blame this on all Muslims but remember, terrorism has no religion. Even though we are mad at certain terrorist groups, it does not mean that every single person from that religion is a terrorist. Let's help those who need help and let's give a little love to those who need it the most. The entire world is in dire need of a hug.