Our President Is Not Perfect

Our President Is Not Perfect

Leave the politics out of sports!

64
Our President Is Not Perfect
Gage Skidmore / Flickr

It is time that we stop all this nonsense back and forth bickering. It is time that we stop playing the blame game. It is time that we stop all this he-said, she-said time wasting foolery.

We are given so much in this world. We have rights that a hundred years ago most never dreamt possible. Our country was founded on the belief that we are all created equal but that we all act differently.

It is time to realize that there is a place for politics. It is time to realize that not all politicians are the same.

Is Donald Trump the best fit for presidency? Not by a long shot. To be frank, no one is. We have never had a perfect president, and we never will.

To be our President you only need two things in life, to meet the qualifications that have been set in stone for decades, and to be voted in by the majority. We need to stop this nonsense of "he is not my President" we need to stop the bickering of "he can't say that, he is the President."

I don't know about you but when I was in school I was taught about the freedom of speech, and in America, you have this amazing right where you can talk about pretty much anything. Just because you hold a higher authority does not strike you of this right. Just because it may not be politically correct to say something does not mean the President is not allowed to ever speak his/her mind.

This past week President Donald J. Trump spoke in Alabama and during his speech he touched on the protests happening in and around the NFL. He addressed the fact that it is disrespectful to this nation and the people who protect it to take a knee, sit, or don't show up for the National Anthem.

Since that speech, President Trump has received mostly support but also a lot of fire. Many saying that he should not speak in that way, he is stupid for saying that, he should never have been elected, etc.

It amazes me that people have said he is stupid for saying what he said because he nailed it right on the head. Politics don't belong in sports, it is one of the few things that still pulls us together as a country. Attendance rates are at an all-time low when compared to years of relatively stable economic growth. TV ratings are on a decline, in an article from Sporting News last year a poll was conducted. In that poll, it was found that 1/3 of every adult in the United States is less likely to watch football if protests continued. Fast forward a year later and that poll came true, ratings are down by nearly a third.

Say what you want about President Trump but one thing is for certain, he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what is on everyone's mind. He may not be perfect, but no one in this world is perfect. It is time to realize that you are not perfect, you cannot perform perfectly at your job, so stop demanding the impossible of others if you cannot either.

Source: Cited:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2016/10/0...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Foo...

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins-sunday-night-...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20814945/prelim...