Our Love Has Changed

Our Love Has Changed

"I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more."

92
Our Love Has Changed
Fan Pop

Before kids, we were free. Before mastering the one-handed diaper change and knowing, there were midnight trips to steak-n-shake. Before fretting over exactly everything we needed in the diaper bag (and still always forgetting something) for one trip to target with a fresh bundle of joy, spur of the moment weekend getaways were a regular occurrence. Our love was young, fresh, and exotic. It was something we had never experienced in such a way before, and we loved every moment. However, somewhere in the midst of it, all our worlds changed forever as we became parents. Exhausted, overworked, over blessed parents. Being a parent has been, and always will be the best part of life by far, but with it, there have been countless changes, including our love.
Our love is no longer wild and full of passion day in and day out. Our love isn't a whirlwind of heart racing adventures on a whim. Our love isn't daydreaming about one another every second of every day. Our love isn't adrenaline coursing through our veins every time we meet each other's gaze. Our love is no longer just between the two of us. Our love is graciously shared by tiny hearts.
And yet, our love is stronger, better. Our love is my safe place, my comfort zone. Our love is what I rely on whole-heartedly to ease my forever racing mind. Our love is happy. It is peaceful. It is laying together on the couch after a long day of work, "momming" and watching our favorite show together. Our love is laying in bed late at night telling each other about everything that is going on in our lives. Our love is working together in sync in order to provide for those oh-so-precious miracles. Our love is cherishing every moment we get with each other as we know they are rare. Our love is the occasional date night where we get to let our hearts overflow and be lovers once again. Our love is acceptance always and hatred never. Our love is heartfelt, eager, and consuming. It is not stagnant, or old. Our love rises from the ashes of our past. It is an always evolving, never-ending, beautiful masterpiece.
Too many think that their love has changed there is something wrong, or they don't feel the same way about their partner. This is not only normal but a part of growing together in a relationship. The puppy love phase comes, and it goes. What lingers behind, hopefully, is companionship, passion, romance, and friendship.