An Open Letter To My Ex-Boyfriends

An Open Letter To My Ex-Boyfriends

Thank you for our time together, because I am stronger than ever now.

Brittany Greve
9433

Dear Various Ex-Boyfriends,

“Everything happens for a reason” is a phrase that I have full-heartedly believed in my entire life. No one comes into your life by accident. There is always a reason and purpose for someone being part of your life. More importantly, no relationship is ever a waste, no matter the length of time or seriousness. There are always lessons to be learned that can be used in the future and for that I am thankful.

I am not here to re-open old wounds or to look back on what might be painful memories. Instead, I am here to say a little thank you and to compare my life from when I was with you to now. I’d first like to start out with saying thank you. Thank you for being the best boyfriend you were capable of at the time. You were someone I could feel happy with. Thank you for teaching me what I don’t want in a relationship and for what I do want.

Thank you for not only teaching me what it felt like to actually be loved but for also letting me be a part of your life, for however short the time was. I want to say thank you for all the great times we’ve shared. Thank you for showing me how to act, care and be there for someone.Thanks for the endless laughs and experiences.

Thank you for letting me discover myself. Through our relationship, I was able to discover so much about the person I am and the person I want to be. Setting my own goals and achieving them one by one. I am thankful that I had the chance to gain so much knowledge about where I wanted my life to go.

Thank you for showing me what I deserve. No relationship is perfect and if someone says they have one, they are lying. We had ups and downs, good and bad. But the most important thing I was taught is that I deserve someone who wants me just as much as I want them. Someone to hold me and pick me up when I am down and someone to celebrate my success with.

Thank you for letting me rebuild my strength. After our breakup, I found myself again and that is one of the best gifts you could have given me. I built myself back up and began to take care of myself again. I am thankful that you gave me the opportunity to prove to myself that I can withstand anything and no matter how low I am, I can get back up.

Thank you for this. It was a long hard road. But I have learned so much about myself and what I deserve. I have taken all of this into my new relationship and I've never been better. Thank you for teaching me more about myself than I would probably ever be able to discover on my own.

I want to thank you for giving me the chance to be in a relationship with you and to realize what kind of girlfriend I want to be. Although we are not together anymore, I hope you still remember the amazing memories we made. Thank you for being somebody who never failed to give me butterflies.

Thank for staying in to just cuddle and watch movies with me on Friday nights. Thanks for putting up with my blonde moments and laughing along when I found something funny. Thank you for giving me the chance to know your family, who became like a second family to me. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for that to this day for that.

But mostly, thank you for being my best friend during that part of my life. There is no better feeling than being in a relationship with your best friend. So I wish you all the best of luck with all of your new relationships and I am excited to hear all about your new endeavors one day.

Sincerely,

Brittany (Your Ex-Girlfriend)