An Open Letter To The Wonder Women

An Open Letter To The Wonder Women

13
An Open Letter To The Wonder Women
Verne Ho

You are a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to get it. That is beautiful and something to be proud of. Not everyone is like you, but they secretly wish they were.

You may not have everything completely figured out, but you are hardworking and success-driven so you know you cannot fail.

Sometimes you feel overwhelmed. You want to do everything, learn everything, see everything, experience everything. Unfortunately, you still only have 24 hours in a day. Even worse, you are still a human who needs to do trivial things like sleep, eat, and shower.

You love a challenge. You don't look for the easy way out and you give 100% to everything that you do.

Boredom is an unknown concept to you. There is not possibly enough time in the day to be bored.

You are always moving. Nothing is stagnant in your life. You are on a constant path forward, and all you know is that the future is bright.

You are in a constant state of stress. Deadlines, and meetings, and exams - oh my. You thrive off of that stress. You crave the buzz.

You get an adrenaline rush from accomplishing something. Crossing an item off your to-do list is a glorious moment and you love the satisfaction.

You have the comfort of inevitable success. Sure, you aren't guaranteed that dream job, but you know that you are working for it more than a lot of other people, and your competition truly isn't competition.

Sometimes the stress becomes too much. You may cry or eat an entire package of Oreos. That's okay, and you know it. Eventually you will run out of tears and Oreos, and you will return to being the kick-ass lady that you are.

Sometimes people are intimidated by you. They just don't understand. They think your goals are crazy and don't know why you would rather have an experience than watch Netflix.

They will be intimidated when you are their boss, too.

You sometimes scare yourself. You wonder if it's too much... if you can handle all of the pressure you place on yourself. You sometimes consider slowing down, but you realize there is no such thing.

You are moving full-speed ahead. You are always living one step ahead, and you know what you want your life to be like in ten years.

You are a fierce fire and no one can dull your flame.

You are a real world wonder woman; let's hear you roar.