To The Person Who Only Gets The 'You Up?' Texts, You Deserve Better

I wish you didn't relate to this title and I wish I didn't either.

334

To the person who opened this article because you relate to the title:

I'm writing this letter to you because I have been there and I wish you weren't able to relate. I understand this confusing and frustrating relationship that you're in and I can honestly say you deserve someone better. You do not deserve this Toxic Texter who only gives you attention at night when they feel bored or lonely. It may feel nice to receive the text, but I guarantee you this... you are worth more than a late-night "you up?"

I also want to remind you that you should not lose sleep over the Toxic Texter. Don't ruin your sleep schedule! All you have to do is open their text, leave them on read, and go to bed. Or if you want to distract yourself, call up someone you know who actually cares about your feelings. Make the power move of moving on and leave the Toxic Texter in the dust because you should not be hurting over someone who only wants to chat or hang out at night.

If they're not going to talk to you during the day, then why should you listen to them at night?

I understand the excitement you get, trust me, I used to get it all the time. This may sound a little crazy, but I used to adjust my schedule or not go to friends' houses when I was asked to come over because I was hoping to get that late night text. I remember wishing and constantly glancing at my phone and sometimes when the text didn't come, I remember being super upset. I would call my best friend and she would see how hurt I was and then tell me I deserve better. And at first, I just put that thought aside because my feelings for the Toxic Texter were clouding my judgment.

There were many calls to my best friend and eventually, I got so sick of being upset that I wanted to move on. So I made the power move and deleted his Snap and blocked his number. And I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I started enjoying my life more and not worrying about if I was going to receive a certain text.

I put my dignity before anything else and it made such a difference in how I view myself. Dropping the Toxic Texter allowed me to realize how I want to be treated. So my plea to you is that you set your happiness as a priority and drop this Toxic Texter. They are not worth losing sleep over and they are definitely not worth your tears.

Block them, leave them on read, put your phone away, and enjoy the night the way you want to. Instead of calling your friends upset, hang out with them because they actually care about your feelings, and genuinely want to see you. Realize you are worth more than a text sent at 1 a.m. asking "you up?" Do not degrade yourself by answering, you know this Toxic Texter will eventually end up hurting you, so why are you putting yourself through this?

Listen to me. DELETE them: From your phone, your mind, and your life. You won't regret it.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.