An Open Letter To My New Sorority Sisters

Thank you for helping me see beauty, even in the common things of life
69

Dear Sisters,

When I got to campus last Fall, I was nervous that I wouldn't find a group of friends, but you all changed that. From the first day of recruitment, I felt like I was at home in our house. Everyone had a huge smile on their face, we had great conversations, we laughed, and it always felt genuine. Not to mention, you laughed with me, not at me, when I tripped walking out of the house on Sisterhood Day.

On Bid Day, I was elated to put on a shirt with our letters because I wanted to show off that I was chosen to be a part of our amazing sisterhood. Since day one, the pride I have for being a member of our sisterhood hasn't wavered, it has only grown stronger.

Thank you to the sisters who have been there for me during the hard times, and the good times.

Thank you to my pledge mom for being there to talk if I need something.

Thank you to my new family for being simultaneously dysfunctional and loving.

Thank you to every person in our sisterhood for being welcoming and always having a smiling face on campus.

I am so grateful for how diverse our organization is because I know that no matter what the day is, there is always someone to do something with and someone who will be there for me. Being a part of this sisterhood has made my life so much better, and I want you all to know how grateful I am for each of you. I know my future is brighter because I have you all in my life.

Thank you for being my home away from home.

XOXO,

Your new sister