Open Letter To My Freshman Dorm Room

Open Letter To My Freshman Dorm Room

Throughout the year you have been with me through the tears, the laughs, the early mornings, and the late nights.
11

As my freshman year of college slowly comes to a close, I have become overpowered with emotions. I will be leaving the friends who I have lived with this whole year. I will be done with classes. I will get to see my friends from home. But one of the things I have been thinking about the most is the fact that I will have to move out of my beloved dorm room, my second home.

To My Freshman Dorm Room,

Thank you for everything you have done for me this past year. You taught me how to share my space with someone else. I was rarely alone and it was a whole new experience. Now, I would still wish for my own space every once in a while but living with someone else was so comforting knowing that I always had someone I could go to.

Thank you for introducing me to some of my best friends. Because of you, I was able to meet some of the most amazing people at my school. From my roommate to the other people on my floor, I have been blessed to have a dorm room to introduce me to them.

Thank you for being a constant in my life. You were my second home. Freshman year was crazy to say the least but I always knew that I had a wonderful room and safe space to come back to. Throughout the year you have been with me through the tears, the laughs, the early mornings, and the late nights.

Thank you for giving me the whole freshman experience. I couldn’t be more grateful for all you have provided for me. You taught me to be independent and responsible. You taught me about myself and I will never forget all the amazing times I have had.

In August I will be returning to school, but I will not be able to come back to you. In August you will get a whole new set of freshman and I am confident that you will be to them what you were to me. While I will miss you and all the wonderful memories we have had together, I am also ready to move upward. Thank you for making me ready for the adventures that await me in my sophomore year.

Thank you Gannon 319.